Majesty Prices

With the really low prices on the Majesty recently we thought we would give it a try. First impression of the ship was that it was too congested. Not enough deck space or sunbeds available. Didn't really like the layout of the ship. The cabin we chose, outside plus was fine although the shower room was very small with the very minimum basic toiletries.

The food was just ok in the MDR. We tried the buffet only once but found the food was not hot enough. The waiters in the MDR worked very hard, the shortage of staff meant they were actually running at times. In spite of this they were always very pleasant and couldn't do enough for us. Lots of cut backs on the Buffet Magnifique and the Baked Alaska night was really rushed. The lido now closes at 1am. Lots of extras to pay for now which were included on Thomson ships before.

The entertainment team were an improvement on some of the others I've seen recently on Thomson ships. Unfortunately the shows were the same ones we had seen on other ships over the years. Same jokes from the comedian, same speeches from the cruise director, same talk from the captain. ( who's driving the ship? etc.)

They way some of the passengers dressed and behaved left a lot to be desired at times. Some were obviously getting their money's worth from the AI.

The cruise was fine for what we paid. Would I go on the Majesty again ?

Only if we got a good deal on the price and the itinerary was one we really wanted to do. Same applies to all Thomson ships. Everything is too much of the same old same old.

Simply don' t recognise the cruise we had 2 weeks ago on the Majesty from this report!!!

From what I've read on here and the closed Thomson Facebook page it seem the Majesty is like marmite, you either really like it or you don't. I tend to be governed by the itinerary. We go soon on Adriatic explorer so looking forward to that. We loved the Dream, in January, but that's getting some poor reviews at the moment.

We didn't like the layout of the Majesty either or the feeling of congestion, so would agree with the opening poster on that one as something that some people find off putting about the Majesty.

There have also been mixed reports about the food and selling of extras that used to be included such as steaks in the MDR.

Edited by Little Nell

<<There have also been mixed reports about the food and selling of extras that used to be included such as steaks in the MDR. >>

Selling of Steaks in the dining room is not isolated to Majesty - it was the same on Dream last October.

<<There have also been mixed reports about the food and selling of extras that used to be included such as steaks in the MDR. >>

Selling of Steaks in the dining room is not isolated to Majesty - it was the same on Dream last October.

I do realize that, Campolday, but the principle is annoying people regardless of what ship it is on and in the case of the OP on the Majesty.

I was critical of this myself when I returned from the Dream in December.

Edited by Little Nell

I am not worried about the reviews. I am going on Majesty for the first time on 2nd May and will enjoy myself in my inside basic cabin with my not hot enough variety of food and the same entertainment as on the Dream in January. I am on holiday on a cruise!!! I will enjoy every experience.

I am not worried about the reviews. I am going on Majesty for the first time on 2nd May and will enjoy myself in my inside basic cabin with my not hot enough variety of food and the same entertainment as on the Dream in January. I am on holiday on a cruise!!! I will enjoy every experience.

What a refreshing post - have a brilliant time!

With the really low prices on the Majesty recently we thought we would give it a try. First impression of the ship was that it was too congested. Not enough deck space or sunbeds available. Didn't really like the layout of the ship. The cabin we chose, outside plus was fine although the shower room was very small with the very minimum basic toiletries.

The food was just ok in the MDR. We tried the buffet only once but found the food was not hot enough. The waiters in the MDR worked very hard, the shortage of staff meant they were actually running at times. In spite of this they were always very pleasant and couldn't do enough for us. Lots of cut backs on the Buffet Magnifique and the Baked Alaska night was really rushed. The lido now closes at 1am. Lots of extras to pay for now which were included on Thomson ships before.

The entertainment team were an improvement on some of the others I've seen recently on Thomson ships. Unfortunately the shows were the same ones we had seen on other ships over the years. Same jokes from the comedian, same speeches from the cruise director, same talk from the captain. ( who's driving the ship? etc.)

They way some of the passengers dressed and behaved left a lot to be desired at times. Some were obviously getting their money's worth from the AI.

The cruise was fine for what we paid. Would I go on the Majesty again ?

Only if we got a good deal on the price and the itinerary was one we really wanted to do. Same applies to all Thomson ships. Everything is too much of the same old same old.

Hi we are going on the ship 1st August doing Aegean Delights, can you advise what the extras are to pay for, we have paid for the AI:)

Simply don' t recognise the cruise we had 2 weeks ago on the Majesty from this report!!!

Hi Campolady

We are going on the 1st August on the Aegean Delights I have been on this ship last year for two weeks, the only things we paid extra for was from the shops. I have notice you have been on the ship recently did you paid for some of the food? we have paid for the AI, hope you don't mind me asking

Mouseworld :)

Hi Campolady

We are going on the 1st August on the Aegean Delights I have been on this ship last year for two weeks, the only things we paid extra for was from the shops. I have notice you have been on the ship recently did you paid for some of the food? we have paid for the AI, hope you don't mind me asking

Mouseworld :)

Hi Mouseworld

No, we didn´t pay anything extra for food - you can pay 9.95 Pounds for a Steak in the MDRs but we didn´t bother as we found the food excellent. You also pay extra if you want to eat in the Bistro restaurant but, again, we didn´t feel any need to go there. I think in Summer months you can also pay for ´Steak Under The Stars´ on deck if you want a special outdoor eating experience. Can´t speak for either of the Self Service restaurants as we never ate in them, but we found the two MDRs (Seven Seas and Four Seasons) to be of a high standard with very pleasant staff and hot food.

With A.I. you are limited to which drinks are ´free´ - many are at a supplement. However, there is more than enough available to keep you happy with no supplement incurred.

Obviously everyone has different tastes, but we absolutely loved Majesty and I am sure that you will have a wonderful time.

Hope this helps.

Edited by campolady

Hi Mouseworld

No, we didn´t pay anything extra for food - you can pay 9.95 Pounds for a Steak in the MDRs but we didn´t bother as we found the food excellent. You also pay extra if you want to eat in the Bistro restaurant but, again, we didn´t feel any need to go there. I think in Summer months you can also pay for ´Steak Under The Stars´ on deck if you want a special outdoor eating experience. Can´t speak for either of the Self Service restaurants as we never ate in them, but we found the two MDRs (Seven Seas and Four Seasons) to be of a high standard with very pleasant staff and hot food.

With A.I. you are limited to which drinks are ´free´ - many are at a supplement. However, there is more than enough available to keep you happy with no supplement incurred.

Obviously everyone has different tastes, but we absolutely loved Majesty and I am sure that you will have a wonderful time.

Hope this helps.

Hi campolady

thank you for this much appreciated

Mouseworld:)

Us too.First time for us and really looking forward to it after 4 times on the Dream

Well said you pay the money and regardless of what folk say you are on holiday and make the best of it . Keith

I'm sure you will enjoy it Gill. Hope so as I am hoping for some tips on Aegean Delights :):)

If you are fairly new to Thomson cruises you won't notice the difference. People who have cruised with Thomson for several years are more aware of the cut backs and some of the changes that unfortunately are not for the better.

If you are fairly new to Thomson cruises you won't notice the difference. People who have cruised with Thomson for several years are more aware of the cut backs and some of the changes that unfortunately are not for the better.

I would agree.