Navigator April 6, 2014

Cindy

As a virgin cruiser, I don't quite understand what you mean by allowable drinks. I don't need a complete list, but can you or anyone give me some examples of what they can't sell in port, and why?

Broached at the end of the Galveston Web Cam thread on main board. Still not sure which items NoS can sell until in international waters but the replies to my query indicate: not much! One poster related that Bud Light and Miller were verboten! :eek:

VR,

T Lex

Here's the list. All the liquor sold or served on the ship has to be purchased from a Texas source until they leave port and reach international waters. That means that the only wine they can serve on the ship, even in the DL/CL, is LaTerra(ble). I found out the law also means they can only have 5 bars open in port, which explains why it can take so long to get a drink. Our waiter told us we would not have been able to bring our own wine to dinner and consume it in public before the ship reached international waters!

We left more or less on time, and the magic hour was 6:30.

Liquor Policy.pdf

Edited by Cindy

Broached at the end of the Galveston Web Cam thread on main board. Still not sure which items NoS can sell until in international waters but the replies to my query indicate: not much! One poster related that Bud Light and Miller were verboten! :eek:

VR,

T Lex

Miller Lite and Bud Lite are fine. That's what we drink. Some liquors are on the no no lust but most beers are fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As I said, we had a delightful day in Roatan, as we have every time we have visited there. I wouldn't hesitate to choose a cruise with Roatan on the itinerary, and I think it's a lot like most places...there are some good folks and some bad folks. Tourists should take ordinary precautions, use common sense, and not venture to areas that are known to be unsafe.

I couldn't agree more with your perspective on Roatan. It pays to exercise some wisdom no matter WHERE you are traveling. I'm from Chicago, and I watch my steps when I'm at home as well.

BTW, Cindy, your photo link for Navigator was wonderful. The pics are really getting me pumped up for my sailing on May 18th! Thanks for posting them.