Never again

bobnpaml

That is why We NEVER go any place on a holiday.

THIS! Only Halloween when most kids are in school. My cousins all want to go on cruise together, we have done this twice before, but one is a teacher, and can only go during spring break and Thanksgiving, although she does get vacation days like the rest of us, we have to schedule around her?? I will never again will ruin a cruise by going when school is out.

Edited by uncleg

I agree with the OP completely. I will avoid at all costs cruising during summer break, Christmas break and Easter break. I have no problem with well behaved kids and feel they are welcome anywhere - as long as they are not acting like animals.

However, I have much more disdain for the parents of the misbehaving kids than the children themselves. There are billions of kids on the planet - your kid is not special, he or she is not entitled to special treatment, he or she is not as cute as you think, not as smart as you think, not as well behaved as you believe, and others don't think your spawn are god's gift to civilization. In fact, the more often you have to remind others of how special your kid is, the more likely they are ugly, stupid, and/or horribly behaved.

I love it! and SO TRUE!

So I said to myself that I'd come back to this post and give my take on the children aboard my Splendor....

HOWEVER kids on there def had full run of the ship. Running around the pool pushing other kids in, splashing the surrounding guests who were relaxing. One of the workers on the ship had to tell the children to stop doing "cannonballs" in the pool as they were splashing surrounding guests as well.

Unbelievable! The nerve of these children. Splashing and horseplay around pool. Getting people wet around a pool? WOW! I'd be livid if I ever got wet around a pool. I'd be asking for my money back. Or at least a freebie at the Steakhouse.

I had seen a little boy with his mom on the first day but everyday after that she was nowhere to be found ever again.

I'm surprised CNN hasn't picked up on this. They love to bash Carnival and a missing person is right up their alley in creating hysteria.

Edited by fuddrules

I feel your pain but I'm not sure venting to Carnival would solve anything. Is there something Carnival could have done different?

Good point. Those 1000 kids were generating revenue for the cruise line. They are not going to cut back on selling tickets to familys with kids and I don't see how the crew can do much to control 1000 kids on vacation.

The secret, as pointed out by others, is to cruise when school is still in session - or cruises of three weeks or more.

In our 30 cruises we have seen so many misbehaved children. One day a group of kids on the Breeze at Guy's burgers were reaching under the sneeze guards and grabbing fries with their nasty hands, cramming them into the mouths and repeating this over and over. NO PARENTS IN SIGHT. Of course, we all know that parents don't need to watch their little d-bags on vacation!:cool:

Edited by outerbks

We did an 8 day out of pt everglades on miracle in february a few years back & i think there was 6 kids on board.....one was mine!! It was awesome!!! However we have experienced some very rude elderly people, so not sure whats worse. Neither will ever ruin my vacation tho!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dead horse. Let it go, folks. This thread is 2 months old, and the OP is not coming back.

For our honeymoon, pre-kids just to clarify, we went to Sandals, a for-sure kid-free adult-only zone. Sounds like some people here would be very happy there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If children running amok is a problem for you, avoid booking during....

Christmas break

Presidents week

Spring Break

Easter Vacation

The last week before Labor Day (last week before school starts)

Also know the LONGER the cruise, the LESS KIDS on board!!!!!

Edited by Pack My Bags
typo