Select Diner reservations

cruisinggran

We are booked on the equinox in October and have select dinning we also are booked through a T/A. How can I book a time ahead. I have looked through the online booking but I do not see any schedule. Do I have to go through my T/A?

Thank you

Isabel

Edited by cruisinggran

Already Booked on a Celebrity Cruise?

To access your cruise reservation, sign into your "My Celebrity" account. If you're not a "My Celebrity" member you can book main dining by using your cruise reservation number.

I copied this from the web site, hope it helps.

You can reserve online, even if booked through a TA. I booked select for the first time last night and it was super easy. I made a quick call to my TA to pre-pay the gratuities (wow, so glad I have that option instead of waiting an hour to get through to X!). The reservation showed up on the website almost immediately. I was then able to log on and select reservations. I love the option to email them to yourself! Please see below for the how to.

Sign into My Celebrity and click "Manage Reservation" to get the scroll down menu, then select "View Reservation" at the bottom

Scroll down to "Dining Preferences". It should say "Celebrity Select".

Click "View"

It allows you to reserve specific times by adding one day at a time.

You can reserve online, even if booked through a TA. I booked select for the first time last night and it was super easy. I made a quick call to my TA to pre-pay the gratuities (wow, so glad I have that option instead of waiting an hour to get through to X!). The reservation showed up on the website almost immediately. I was then able to log on and select reservations. I love the option to email them to yourself! Please see below for the how to.

Sign into My Celebrity and click "Manage Reservation" to get the scroll down menu, then select "View Reservation" at the bottom

Scroll down to "Dining Preferences". It should say "Celebrity Select".

Click "View"

It allows you to reserve specific times by adding one day at a time.

Can you make a rsvn for your party - i.e. 7-9 people? Do you have to provide each rsvn # or is there some way to link the requests? We have Select and after the long wait times we experienced on Infinity, I'm thinking it might be better to have a table or two reserved.

Thanks!:)

Can you make a rsvn for your party - i.e. 7-9 people? Do you have to provide each rsvn # or is there some way to link the requests? We have Select and after the long wait times we experienced on Infinity' date=' I'm thinking it might be better to have a table or two reserved.

Thanks!:)[/quote']

I know someone who booked a table for 8. They ended up being allocated the same table every night.

However, when I tried to do it on our Eclipse Southern Caribbean last March, all I could do was to reserve for myself & DH. It wouldn't allow me to add our Canadian friends, even though our reservations were linked. I kept getting a message to say that I couldn't pay, as the bookings were in different currencies ( even though we didn't need to pay for the meals)

We went to the dining room after we had boarded, just to make sure that we were indeed linked and our reservation showed up at the time that I selected!

How far in advance can/should you make your select reservations?

Thank you!

Maybe it depends on the size of your party and the ship but we just finished a cruise on the Reflection and always booked our times in both the MDR and the Speciality restaurants on the day it was occurring. For us, the whole idea of Select Dining is what we want to do that day based on plans for that day and night after dinner. We had no problems getting our desired time although we tend to eat 8 or later. Once we wanted a 8:00 time and were told 8:30 was the best they could do but if we showed up at 8 they would see what they could do. We showed up at 8 and we were seated immediately. With so many dining choices now, nothing is that totally booked.

I think that many passengers pre book all the Select dining nights and times and then decide to go to a speciality restaurant or use room service or go to the buffet without canceling the select dining reservation. So, it's never as fully booked as it appears to be.