Balcony Dinner??

goinsoon

New to Celebrity (guess I will quit saying that after I finally sail!!). On Princess we have enjoyed the balcony dinner where you have a table set up with china etc.., multi course meal and a wait person there the whole time. Does Celebrity offer any thing like this? The web site alludes to something like this but can't find any details. Thanks in advance!

If you are in a regular balcony cabin you can order room service from the room service menu anytime, or from the MDR menu during regular dinner times, however, it will come all at once. If you are in a suite your butler will set the table and serve your room service meal course by course.

That will work! Am happy that it appears Celebrity has much better room service selction than Princess! We may never leave the cabin!!!!!:D
For dinner on the balcony, most prefer to order from the main dining room dinner menu instead of the room service menu.

Just compare them to see the differences.

Also, don't forget about room service breakfast on the balcony each day, another of the delights of being on a cruise.

First you receive a wake-up call to let you know breakfast is on its way.

Then you slip into your bathrobe, grab the camera and binoculars, and sit out there sipping your juice and coffee and nibbling on whatever while enjoying the views along the early morning approach route to the next port, watching the hustle and bustle below until your ship slips in to dock and is tied up.

Then you shower, dress, comb your hair and head off to shore for your day's excursion, or to the dining room or buffet for another breakfast, as you wish. ;)

As they say, yes, it's a rough life but somebody has to do it. :D

For dinner on the balcony, most prefer to order from the main dining room dinner menu instead of the room service menu.

Just compare them to see the differences.

Also, don't forget about room service breakfast on the balcony each day, another of the delights of being on a cruise.

First you receive a wake-up call to let you know breakfast is on its way.

Then you slip into your bathrobe, grab the camera and binoculars, and sit out there sipping your juice and coffee and nibbling on whatever while enjoying the views along the early morning approach route to the next port, watching the hustle and bustle below until your ship slips in to dock and is tied up.

Then you shower, dress, comb your hair and head off to shore for your day's excursion, or to the dining room or buffet for another breakfast, as you wish. ;)

As they say, yes, it's a rough life but somebody has to do it. :D

Been there, done that, gonna do it again for 15 wonderful days!!!!

Dave

New to Celebrity (guess I will quit saying that after I finally sail!!). On Princess we have enjoyed the balcony dinner where you have a table set up with china etc.., multi course meal and a wait person there the whole time. Does Celebrity offer any thing like this? The web site alludes to something like this but can't find any details. Thanks in advance!

We did the ultimate balcony dining on Princess last cruise and loved it, but felt we didn't feel need to monopolise the waiter like that, and I felt bad for him standing outside our cabin until needed. + At $100 it was something we could only justify doing once but it was amazing to eat out on our balcony.

I was so happy on finding out from Celebrity that you can order room service from the MDR every night if you want to and that it's not extra (except a tip of course). It was actually one of the deciding factors that first made us go let's definitely try out celebrity and we plan on using it on formal nights.

I was so happy on finding out from Celebrity that you can order room service from the MDR every night if you want to and that it's not extra (except a tip of course). It was actually one of the deciding factors that first made us go let's definitely try out celebrity and we plan on using it on formal nights.

That is a great idea! So I can enjoy the special menu from the MDR on formal nights, but in the comfort of my own cabin?? That certainly makes the packing a bit easier if I do not have to pack the formal clothing.

That is a great idea! So I can enjoy the special menu from the MDR on formal nights, but in the comfort of my own cabin?? That certainly makes the packing a bit easier if I do not have to pack the formal clothing.

It is a nice option but just remember that your food is brought all at once and is not served to you.

It is a nice option but just remember that your food is brought all at once and is not served to you.

I was going to say the same thing. We did the Ultimate Balcony Dinner on Princess several years ago. Celebrity will deliver your meal to your balcony from the MDR, but it is all delivered at once. While nice, it's not the same as Princess' ultimate balcony dining. But then, there's no extra charge.