Love Connection - The Drink

I am going on my 5th Royal Caribbean cruise in October. It has been a couple-few years since my last cruise. My drink, of choice, has always been The Love Connection. I know that isn't what it is really called though. Does anyone know what the real name is? Thanks!!

Typically... it is a mixture of three frozen drinks: piña colada, strawberry daiquiri & banana daiquiri.

I suppose if you think it was mango, they could put some mango mixed drink in instead of the banana daiquiri.

Edited by poncho1973

Typically... it is a mixture of three frozen drinks: piña colada, strawberry daiquiri & banana daiquiri.

I suppose if you think it was mango, they could put some mango mixed drink in instead of the banana daiquiri.

It could have been banana daiquiri. It's been a while. Do you know the official name of the drink?

I think that is the name of it.

The important thing is that you know what is in it. If you know what is in a drink, that will get you further than a name.

Mixing up layered drinks isn't something that happens in normal bars. You can't just walk into Billy-Bob's Bar and say "Barkeep, get me a Love Connection!" and expect them to make it.

You probably need a place that makes massive amounts of frozen drinks and has them on tap.

I'm picturing a regular bar in some random city mixing you a tiny piña colada, a tiny strawberry daiquiri, a tiny banana (OR MANGO) daiquiri and layering them on top of each other. That would be insanely time-intensive and make the bartender quite angry.

If you want to make them at home buy some piña colada, strawberry and banana/mango daiquiri mixes, light rum, triple sec, and blend them individually with ice. Layer them in an attractive fashion.

I think that is the name of it.

The important thing is that you know what is in it. If you know what is in a drink, that will get you further than a name.

Mixing up layered drinks isn't something that happens in normal bars. You can't just walk into Billy-Bob's Bar and say "Barkeep, get me a Love Connection!" and expect them to make it.

You probably need a place that makes massive amounts of frozen drinks and has them on tap.

I'm picturing a regular bar in some random city mixing you a tiny piña colada, a tiny strawberry daiquiri, a tiny banana (OR MANGO) daiquiri and layering them on top of each other. That would be insanely time-intensive and make the bartender quite angry.

If you want to make them at home buy some piña colada, strawberry and banana/mango daiquiri mixes, light rum, triple sec, and blend them individually with ice. Layer them in an attractive fashion.

Thanks for the info!!!! On my last cruise I called it a Love Connection and the bartender looked at me odd. He said he hadn't heard it be called that in quite some time.

it's definitely mango, not banana

All the times I've ordered it on Royal Caribbean, it's been the strawberry daquiri, pina colada, and mango daquiri combination. Now I know what my first drink is going to be this cruise!

When you order it do you call it a Love Connection or by a different name?

When you order it do you call it a Love Connection or by a different name?

I have always ordered it as a Love Connection with no problems. It got its name from it being served during the Love & Marriage show, just as Coco Loco's being served on Coco Cay or the Labadoozie on Labadee. I have always felt bad about ordering at other times from the show however, because it is labor intensive; they have to make three separate small drinks for one. But then again, it is their job. And by the way, it is Mango and my favorite drink onboard.

Edited by Smokey Mountain Tim

I've ordered it since 1990 and it's been mango - not banana as the 3rd layer (red, yellow, orange). There have been times where I've had to tell a bartender how to make it. Didn't know it was associated with the love & marriage show. The first one I had was the drink of the day. And years ago the bar attendants used to walk around with dark rum and add an extra layer of punch.

Edited by iluvcruzin

I am going on my 5th Royal Caribbean cruise in October. It has been a couple-few years since my last cruise. My drink, of choice, has always been The Love Connection. I know that isn't what it is really called though. Does anyone know what the real name is? Thanks!!

That's our FAVORITE drink. I have always called it the "love connection". That's the first drink I get, when I get on the ship.:D:D

Love Connection if our FAVORITE DRINK!!!!!!!!!! I order them all the time each cruise. As soon as I get on the ship... I start.... LOL. And, yes, they are half Pina Colada, half Strawberry Daiquiri, with fozen mango on top. LOVE, LOVE them.:D:D

I probably consume about 50+ of them per cruise. They are just so yummy. I order them by lowering my voice and say Looooove Connection.