Need info about D401 on the Grand

azgrandmax3

We are traveling with family and booked cabins D401 & D329 on the Grand. Yes I know it would not seem these cabins are next to each other, but they are. Anyway our concern is this: Will there be a door to open between the two balconies? Thank You

First, this is a question which needs be asked to Princess for the definitive answer. Also, if you really want to open the balcony partition, you should have asked before booking. [stepping off the soap box.]

Regardless, I ran to the deck plans to see how those two rooms would be beside each other and see them both. The hall directly ahead of the doors shows a door. IF I have read the boards correctly, this means it is a fire separation door and as part of that, the balcony will not have a panel to open as the fire separation needs to extend as far as possible.

Our local authority on this is Pam and I am guessing she will arrive soon.

I don't believe you can get a factual answer from a Princess rep on this as many have never even cruised before. I know crazy isn't it? You could call 3 times and get 3 different answers. There is a good possibility that when the cabins jump from 300-400 in numbers as stated there may and I say may be a fire door/break and the cabins balconies do not connect.

Ms or Mr Soap I assure you I did ask and ask again before booking. And again since posting. Answers have not been the same. So my goal was to ask someone who may have actual knowledge of the cabin balconies of D401 &D329 on the Grand. I am grateful for persons whom respond with kindness.