Looking for Cat IB info - Breakaway/Getaway

DavyB

I'm looking for pictures or videos of a Inside category IB on the Getaway or Breakaway. The shape of the staterooms are more square than rectangle and I was curious as to what the layout is like. Sooo, if anyone has any pics or videos they would like to share of this type of stateroom, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

David

We had booked 2 Inside (IX) GTY cabins on the Breakaway and 1 Balcony GTY cabin for our March sailing - received our "upgraded" Insides to IB category on Deck 11 and Deck 13 about 2 weeks before sailing, and Balcony was BD on Deck 9, all MIDship toward AFT, fairly close ahead of the elevators - good locations & everyone was happy - 2 adults only in each.

These pictures should help, the staterooms are really rectangle and not square but clever layout to max out use of space - I used only the ones from #13655 as it has a third bed (pullman/upper bunk - that we did not use, I flip it down for photo purposes only). #11665 only has bedding for 2, as a Queen together or 2 single.

Frequent flyer's popularized "Packing Cubes" will help with keep clothing & other items neat & organized, as there are no drawers, only open shelves to store items - except for a small one inside the bathroom, which I consider "damp" to store anything but maybe soilled dirty clothes to be washed mid-week.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=42259048#post42259048

I did not post all the pictures in the collection but feel free to ask questions and I will upload them as necessary to answer them. I see that you've on the BA before us so these should be familiar to you, I think - bathrooms as the same as the standard balcony. Insides are somewhere between 129 to 135 sq. ft. & smallish - the "standard" balcony with the full length sofa felt a lot bigger in comparison (except for the balcony)

Edited by mking8288

• 2 months later...

Davy, I was assigned one of these too. I assume you mean on deck 5?

The ones on the higher decks are the same size as other interiors but the deck 5 ones are clearly squarer and the NCL website say the sq footage is higher.

Does anyone have any additional info as Davy asked about photos or layout?