Big Price Jump--What does it mean?

Hi all,

I'm patiently waiting for my cruise on the Destiny, Nov 13-20 :o. I paid for a balcony room (used a travel agent). In all I paid about $800 (taxes, port charges, transfers, etc.) I was looking at the Carnival website and it looks like the only rooms available now are ocean views or suites. The OVs are going for $939 now :eek: . What's going on? The new prices for this sailing looks to be $200 more than any of the other sailings. I know it's near Thanksgiving but I would have thought that the sailing on the 20th would cost more. Any ideas?

Hi all,

I'm patiently waiting for my cruise on the Destiny, Nov 13-20 :o. I paid for a balcony room (used a travel agent). In all I paid about $800 (taxes, port charges, transfers, etc.) I was looking at the Carnival website and it looks like the only rooms available now are ocean views or suites. The OVs are going for $939 now :eek: . What's going on? The new prices for this sailing looks to be $200 more than any of the other sailings. I know it's near Thanksgiving but I would have thought that the sailing on the 20th would cost more. Any ideas?

It means that you got a good deal, and shows how wise you were to book ahead! :)

Cheers,

Peter

Which level of balcony cabin did you book for your cruise, and what level did you pay for? It can make a big difference in price. The oceanview cabin available on the ship now is a 6E. If you check other sailings you will see that some of the oceanview cabin on the upper decks are more than a balcony on lower deck. I checked a sailing in November 2006 and a oceanview 6E is $909 where a balcony 8A is $799. Actually, you can get a balcony 8D on the Lido deck (deck 9) or a oceanview 6E on the Spa deck (deck 10) for the same price. We think it is better to have a balcony than only a window, but I guess some people think otherwise and will actually pay more money not to able to go out onto a balcony. They would rather simply watch things go by through a window. Enjoy your cruise, and you got the better deal for your money.

Thanks for all the information. I believe we're booked at an 8A (Upper Deck). It does pay to book ahead doesn't it!

I think that it does. I do it for several reasons. One I like to pick my cabin location and also I have always felt that I received a great price at the time of booking.

Archived