Just saved $400!!!

Rock_ON!!

I was reading thru cruise critic and somebody recommended to check the fare viewer site on CCLC to see if rates went down. The web site was down, so I figured, why not call and just check. The lovely lady on the other end of the phone said there was a new promotion that just began today and she would deduct $400 off my remaining balance! What a great way to start my weekend! I wanted to pay it forward, so call, and

save some money! Happy Friday everybody!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was reading thru cruise critic and somebody recommended to check the fare viewer site on CCLC to see if rates went down. The web site was down, so I figured, why not call and just check. The lovely lady on the other end of the phone said there was a new promotion that just began today and she would deduct $400 off my remaining balance! What a great way to start my weekend! I wanted to pay it forward, so call, and

:) $200 for me!

I had started a thread a couple of days ago about the Fare Viewer and I'm happy you found it and saved some money! Funny thing - we checked our cruise again and after dropping over $400 (and we DID get the OBC!!) it's gone up $300. Timing is everything, as you found out!

If I let them choose my room, can you end up with a upper/lower if you originally booked a king bed?

Never mind, she just told me we are ok, they will pick my room, give us OV cat, we saved $120!

Edited by keystonemama

This is a great promo for summer cruises!

I didn't really expect any savings on a June cruise, but it looks like this promo will save me 75 per person (and there are 7 of us!)

Sent an email to my TA alerting him to it......since I learned that Carnival won't let me submit it myself since I booked with a travel agent. Oops.....

We booked ES in January for the June sailing.

How far out is your cruises we don't crusie till October is this too soon to look for discounts

And are we talking about the cruise critic weekly price drop email

It's never too early! :)

I figure, book with a price you are happy with and if you get a drop, it's icing on the cake......or another drink of the day in a souvenir cup!

Edited by turning40withMickey

OMG!!! Thank you everyone. I had checked the fare viewer yesterday after reading of price drops and noticed higher prices for my July sailing on the Breeze. After seeing so many posts for a price drop I looked again tonight. I had to rub my eyes to be sure--but yes it looked like lower pricing!! I had booked thru a TA ( one recommended thru a friend who sails Carnival) -actually a big company. So I called and was on hold almost an hour. My final payment was due April 16 ( of which I never got an email--glad I looked at the paperwork tonite!) The TA called Carnival for me and worked on getting the price drop-a credit to my account not OBC since I had just passed final payment. Then she got me the date that would get me OBC if the price drops again. Total savings of $550 on 2 cabins for my family of 5 (with 3 teens).

Lisa

How far out is your cruises we don't crusie till October is this too soon to look for discounts

And are we talking about the cruise critic weekly price drop email

My cruise is August 17, 2014. No, cruise critic did not show any price drop, but the Carnival website did. I had to initiate it on my own. I did not ask about the $100 on board credit that I received when I originally booked the cruise. I'll have to call back.

$520 savings for us!!! Kept our Lido balcony cabin. Lost $150 in OBC, but still netted $370!!!!:D:D:D

This is our biggest savings ever!!!

Good luck!!!!:D

Where in CT are you from? I'm also from and still live here!

I also booked with a Travel Agent, and while I am finding the Carnival system confusing, I am loving the Early Saver price drop plan.

I don't love that I have to keep contacting the Travel Agent, but I have used an agent for each cruise and know that only they can make changes.

We booked early on our NCL cruises but they don't have the price drop/early saver deal.

I wish it was clearer WHAT promo you are booked under....it is not on the paperwork anywhere I can see.

The online check in is a little more complicated than the NCL one was, too.

And, I can't see the OBC noted anywhere.... I got a previous credit before final payment which was just deducted off the amount due, that was easy to see.

Overall, though, I think it is a fantastic deal, especially for those who find it fun to keep checking on prices. <<me>>:D

We haven't gotten anything yet- still holding out hope. We cruise in October and have a 4J- which isn't even showing up any longer on fareviewer. maybe that type cabin has sold out. There aren't that many of them. Does that mean the price may not drop for us???

Were you able to stay in the cabins originally booked? My TA said I would lose the cabin I have and Carnival would then assign me one....

There are 2 promotions going on right now. One allows you keep your room while the other (cheaper a little bit) doesn't allow you to choose your room (Carnival will assign a room for you.)