South America Business Air

captjohn

Christina and I will be going to S. America next year from Lima to Buenos Aires.

I started looking at business air fares and found that we could book United business -PHX-LIM--EZE-PHX for $ 2779.00 pp. If we got our air from Regent the business air "upgrade" would amount to $2800 pp. We also will get a credit for non-use of air from Regent of around $1200 pp. So it looks like we will be a total of $2400. ahead.

Just wanted to give a heads up for anyone planning a similar trip.

John

Did you compare first class too? Last year when I was shopping for air during the holidays sailing from Buenos Aires to Rio, I was able to get first class tickets all the way for a little more than Regent was charging for business class - and yes, 3 out of 4 flights had three classes. Also Regent only guaranteed that the longest flights would in business class, and domestic flights would be in coach. So our LAX-DFW and the return MIA-LAX, which are pretty lengthy flights, would had been in coach. We met some people on the cruise who had a couple of domestic flights in coach the flew from the US to Santiago, Chile, if I remember correctly, that leg was on business class, then had to flight from Santiago to Buenos Aries in coach. They didn't think of paying for the air deviation to get better flights I don't think. When I told them how much we paid for first class they were not happy with Regent.

BTW, at the time I booked our airfare, first class was cheaper than business class. ;-)

Edited by quepaquete