Getting away on Getaway!

valancy1

Hi all!

My husband and I are sailing for the first time on NCL--we're looking forward to it! We're going on Norwegian Getaway in June!

Have any of you all sailed on her yet? What is one thing that we shouldn't miss?

I look forward to hearing from you and getting to know you all!

We are sailing her May 3rd. We've been on NCL before but this will be our first time on the Getaway. If you use the "Find" feature on this board and simply put "GETAWAY" you will get plenty of reviews pop up. Also she is finally loaded on the website Beyond Ships dot com...under what's new. Very helpful detailed review with pictured of the menus also.

Have a great sailing!!!

• 3 weeks later...
What is the difference between the buffet seating or floor seating?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Buffet seating is actually booths all around the back of the room. Not great views. Floor (priority) seating is closer to the stage. Worth $5 to get floor.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

We went May 3-10. It was our 7th NCL cruise, but first on a large ship. It was awesome! If you can get a spa pass, I would recommend it. We had a haven spa suite and spa and haven were included with it. We loved both! If you are brave, do the ropes course and walk the plank! It was very windy on the day I tried it. It was very scary walking that plank, but glad I did it. The fireworks were cool. I'm not really into fireworks but there was something amazing about seeing them in the middle of the ocean. Grab a drink and sit in one of the wicker sofas on the boardwalk at night...so relaxing. Also, download Norwegian Iconcierge (if you have capable phones)before you get onboard so you can get in touch with each other on the ship if you need to. There are binocular viewing machines on deck 8 boardwalk (but I only seemed to find them at night, so not really anything to look at :rolleyes:). Get Vibe passes if you like peace and quiet (we had the Haven so we didn't need it but definitely would try to get it otherwise) If not, there is a space up front near the Vibe area that is no extra charge that is quieter than the craziness of the main deck area. Oh, and do the water slides!! Fun!

Edited by ksimpso3

Just got off the Getaway! Do you like upscale style dinners? Then try the Chef's Table. You are in a private room with 11 other people. The dinner is 9 courses paired with wine. The Executive Chef will explain each dish and the sommelier will explain each wine paired. This was an awesome experience! By the end of the night, all 12 of us wished we had dinner together every night.

Edited by Erik101

Did you book one of the cabanas in Vibe? Were you able to book ahead of time?

I've seen reviews that said they had to run and get the cabana ticket when they boarded. And some that said there were cabanas available all week...

Sara