Taste of Tasmania 2014/15

rpcv77

For those who will be calling on Hobart from 12/28/14-1/3/15, The a Taste of Tasmania Festival will be just a short walk from where the ships dock. If you are a food and wine fan, you will love this event. Prices for tasting both food and wine were very reasonable and it is an amazing showcase for Tasmanian cuisine and wines. I went to Bonorong and Richmond in the morning and then spent the rest of the day at the food festival and the Salamanca area. I loved Hobart and The Taste Festival is one of the best food and wine events I've ever attended.

For those who will be calling on Hobart from 12/28/14-1/3/15, The a Taste of Tasmania Festival will be just a short walk from where the ships dock. If you are a food and wine fan, you will love this event. Prices for tasting both food and wine were very reasonable and it is an amazing showcase for Tasmanian cuisine and wines. I went to Bonorong and Richmond in the morning and then spent the rest of the day at the food festival and the Salamanca area. I loved Hobart and The Taste Festival is one of the best food and wine events I've ever attended.

I am a local and the Taste of Tasmania is a great for both locals and tourists, showcasing our local food and wine/beer/cider industry etc, its free entry (except for NYE) and you pay for what you eat and drink, there's always plenty of entertainment on throughout the day/night too too, it usually runs from 11am - 11pm each day.

A lovely way to spend many hours in summer on the docks, watching the world go by.

It also coincides with the end of the Sydney to Hobart Yacht race and other races like the Melbourne to Hobart as well, so a fantastic atmosphere with that, as boats are finishing, loads of cheering and clapping.

Deb

Deb,

Yes, we loved seeing all the boats from the race too. It really added to the atmosphere. I truly fell in love with Hobart and I will never forget The Taste Festival. I hope to visit again one day.

I am a local and the Taste of Tasmania is a great for both locals and tourists, showcasing our local food and wine/beer/cider industry etc, its free entry (except for NYE) and you pay for what you eat and drink, there's always plenty of entertainment on throughout the day/night too too, it usually runs from 11am - 11pm each day.

A lovely way to spend many hours in summer on the docks, watching the world go by.

It also coincides with the end of the Sydney to Hobart Yacht race and other races like the Melbourne to Hobart as well, so a fantastic atmosphere with that, as boats are finishing, loads of cheering and clapping.

Deb

Hi Deb

We will be visiting Hobart on Friday 19th Dec on board Celebrity Solstice, so sadly we will miss this festival.

We have been to Hobart a few times before (3 on a cruise ship and a couple of times for business) so we have a pretty good idea of whats what there. (including MONA, Pt Arthur and Cadbury)

Have you any suggestions on what we could look out for when we are there for just a day in December? We will have our two grand kids with us.

cheers

Hi Deb

We will be visiting Hobart on Friday 19th Dec on board Celebrity Solstice, so sadly we will miss this festival.

We have been to Hobart a few times before (3 on a cruise ship and a couple of times for business) so we have a pretty good idea of whats what there. (including MONA, Pt Arthur and Cadbury)

Have you any suggestions on what we could look out for when we are there for just a day in December? We will have our two grand kids with us.

cheers

Hi Flipper

Bonorong Park, to see the tsmanian devils and then Richmond would be nice day out. Richmond has lots of old buildings, Australias oldest bridge, plus loads of ducks on the river, grab a loaf of bread from the local bakery to feed them.

The view from the top of Mt Wellington is nice too.

Oops posted a bit early.

At Richmond there is also a Maze which might interest the grand kids s well.

Cadburys int s good as it used to be, its just n infofmation centre with dvd and chocolte shop, I used to like the factory tour.

Mona is great, there are some interactive displays which may interest kids as well.

Even though the Taste of Tasmania wont be on, the dock area is still interesting, lldnty of places to eat :)

Deb