First RCI Cruise (Allure) - A few Questions

Hello All,

We're taking our first RCI in June on the Allure (Can't wait!) and I was hoping any past guests could answer some questions.

1. We already booked most of our entertainment through the website, but a few of the times we wanted are not currently available. I called RC and they said that additional spots for all shows/times will be available for reservations once on board, but you will have to go to the "Reservation" location soon as you get on board before these additional spots are also booked.

Is this true? If so, does everyone have to be present to book or can I book for the entire reservation?

2. What are some good options for breakfast & lunch outside of the buffet?

3. Where can I find the free ice cream/yogurt? (big deal for my kids)

4. Any insight on activities/must do's for kids (8 & 5)?.

5. Anything worth skipping?

Hopefully I'm not being too needing :), but planning for the Allure is intimidating.

Thank you in advance!

Hello All,

We're taking our first RCI in June on the Allure (Can't wait!) and I was hoping any past guests could answer some questions.

1. We already booked most of our entertainment through the website, but a few of the times we wanted are not currently available. I called RC and they said that additional spots for all shows/times will be available for reservations once on board, but you will have to go to the "Reservation" location soon as you get on board before these additional spots are also booked.

Go to deck four in front of Studio B, the there will be a reservations table

Is this true? If so, does everyone have to be present to book or can I book for the entire reservation?

No, one person can reserve for all.

Breakfast: We like Johnny Rockets (free for breakfast) and the Wipe out Cafe.

Lunch: Solarium Bistro or Park Cafe

On the pool deck between the regular and kids pools.

Can't help but people rave about Adventure Ocean

Haven't found anything yet I didn't enjoy.

Hopefully I'm not being too needing :), but planning for the Allure is intimidating.

Thank you in advance!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

in my opinion the Park Cafe is good for breakfast. We found the MDR and buffet lacking in Breakfast.

Also the Park Cafe has the great Roast Beef Sandwich! And the salad is great!

For booking entertainment when you board, we went to the ice rink and signed up for everything we wanted. It makes it easier if you have a plan of what & when you want.

Go to the Adventure Ocean orientation the first night and "make" your kids try some activities. It is nice to have some adult time. We went on a cruise with a family and they didn't have them go to the kid's club and the parents had no alone time.

There was a free behind the scenes tour of the aqua theater. The kids might like that.

Bring your swimming suits in your carry on, when you get on board, change in the bathroom. This is when the pools are the most empty.

If you have my time dining, reserve all your dining times the first day. You can always change them, but we never waited more than 10 minutes. Anthony and Tony were our waiters last year they are great!

More than you asked for, but the Allure has been our favorite cruise so far!

I answered under your questions below:

Hello All,

You go to Studio B when you board and you can switch showtimes around there as needed. We had no problem switching the shows I wanted to but couldn't before we left.

Our favorite breakfasts was room service! We had a balcony and just loved eating out there. Johnny Rockets is a simplified menu breakfast option that we enjoyed. The Park Cafe was also great with bagels and fruit. I'm a lighter breakfast eater for the most part, so I enjoyed anything we tried.

Pool deck area....I think it was open in the afternoons by the Sports pool/kid zone side, and in the Wipeout cafe.

Didn't travel with kids so can't answer specifically. But I teach 8-year-olds and I'm pretty sure they would've all loved this ship!

We reserved all the shows and ended up skipping out on a couple because we were just getting tired. I wanted our vacation to be fun but relaxing too. I wouldn't say anything is worth skipping, but I do recommend going with the flow and enjoying your vacation however your family sees fit.

Thank you in advance!

You're welcome! Hope it helps! We loved Allure and I gained so much info on here before our March cruise. Happy to pay it forward.

Just off the Allure March 9th WOW cruise. As soon as you board go to theater and book all your entertainment. Only takes a few minutes. Then if you MTD schedule your meals around your shows. Everything very easy so don't stress. I found out on Monday I was leaving on Sunday and I had a wonderful time.

in my opinion the Park Cafe is good for breakfast. We found the MDR and buffet lacking in Breakfast.

Also the Park Cafe has the great Roast Beef Sandwich! And the salad is great!

For booking entertainment when you board, we went to the ice rink and signed up for everything we wanted. It makes it easier if you have a plan of what & when you want.

Go to the Adventure Ocean orientation the first night and "make" your kids try some activities. It is nice to have some adult time. We went on a cruise with a family and they didn't have them go to the kid's club and the parents had no alone time.

There was a free behind the scenes tour of the aqua theater. The kids might like that.

Bring your swimming suits in your carry on, when you get on board, change in the bathroom. This is when the pools are the most empty.

If you have my time dining, reserve all your dining times the first day. You can always change them, but we never waited more than 10 minutes. Anthony and Tony were our waiters last year they are great!

More than you asked for, but the Allure has been our favorite cruise so far!

Thanks! Definitely getting the kids signed up for Ocean Adventures. We have early dining (we're travelling with extended family that wanted this), but it would have been nice to have the flexibility to make dining arrangements that better aligns with the shows, oh well.

Thanks for the tip about the pools!

I answered under your questions below:

Thanks for the info!

I can only imagine how tough it would be to try to do everything the ship offers. I was looking over some recent capers and it's amazing how much there is to do.

Hello All,

You can book for all reservations on board.... we went to the Aqua Theatre several times and just stood in the back to catch the shows there.

We went to Johnny Rockets for Breakfast most days - it was free and we could sit outside. My kids loved the French Toast and Pancakes there. They had a cinnamon batter on the french toast.

Pool Decks closer to the Sports Pool and Kids Pool.

We took our kids (7 and 9) to Adventure Ocean the first morning from 9-12 (it was a sea day) so they could meet other kids and get acquainted with staff. That afternoon we all went to the pool for family time. They ended up meeting more friends there and hung out with them the rest of the week. There were a TON of kid activities, but I found that mine didn't want to be away from the pool/flowrider/zipline during the day. They did enjoy going to Adventure Ocean in the evenings, though, after dinner, so they could play games and hang out with their new friends. On our previous cruise, they spent more time in AO than with us. This time, they wanted to be with us and their friends, but always in the pools. We did hang out in the boardwalk a few times and they rode the carousel, but it wasn't an all of the time thing. It really depends on the kids.

I found that we skipped a lot of our favorites from the past (belly flop contest, sexy man contest, etc that were usually held in the main pools on the smaller boats and are now held in the aqua theatre on the Allure because we didn't want to leave the pool area. We also skipped the character meet/greets because the kids were just having too much fun to want to leave and head to the promenade.

Thank you in advance!

See above! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Edited by sunshine0503

I second Johnny Rocket's for breakfast (you can eat outside on the Boardwalk, and it's usually never crowded) and Park Cafe for lunch. If your kids are picky eaters, they might also like Wipeout Cafe for lunch -- they have pizza, hot dogs, burgers, fries, etc. It's a walk-through buffet with no seating, but there are chairs and tables outside near the sports area, overlooking the ocean. I like to eat outside on a cruise whenever possible. :)

Hello All,

Thank you in advance!

Hi Vincent

In my review of the Oasis I have some Adventure compasses posted for kids 3-11 and I am sure that it is the same on the Allure. The compass post starts on page 4. There are also some picutes of the ship of the same areas that are on the Allure that you might find interesting.

ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!!

Hi! We just went on allure, I wrote a little review but just wanted to give you some points that might be helpful for you. I also had an 8 and 5 year old. They both enjoyed the kids club and adventure ocean will pick up kids outside if the dining room at 6:40, the dining room will feed them quickly then they can go have fun and you can enjoy your dinner. We used it once and it was great! Also, when u first get on ship go the the card room on deck 14 to get a phone, they go very quickly, but I think its nice to have with the kids. Have fun!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app