Westerdam Recent Drydock ??

curtdesilets

I'm on the ship right now. I believe it was just soft goods,carpeting etc. it's been a rough go and I'm not anxious to cruise on the Westy again. Not Hal's best product but I'm sure things will be ironed out as time goes on.

I'm on the ship right now. I believe it was just soft goods,carpeting etc. it's been a rough go and I'm not anxious to cruise on the Westy again. Not Hal's best product but I'm sure things will be ironed out as time goes on.

There were mixed reviews on Celebrity Century right after her dry dock (in February) as well. Things seem to be getting better now, if the current CC reviews are any indication.

My girlfriend and I are getting on her in San Diego this Tuesday for 3 nights to Victoria. Its my first cruise on HAL and my girlfriends very first cruise. We've booked a Signature Suite on the 6th floor. Will we be disappointed ?

So they just changed carpet and linens ?

My girlfriend and I are getting on her in San Diego this Tuesday for 3 nights to Victoria. Its my first cruise on HAL and my girlfriends very first cruise. We've booked a Signature Suite on the 6th floor. Will we be disappointed ?

So they just changed carpet and linens ?

As far as I can tell. I think you will enjoy. I've got 300 plus days with Hal so I may be more critical.

I am still wondering if the Neptune Lounge ever had the sneeze guard added to the side board.

Nope and they have someone making the coffees in the morning and doling out what should be on the sideboard. It's annoying. While I don't eat much from there it bugs me to have to ask for a cookie.

Nope and they have someone making the coffees in the morning and doling out what should be on the sideboard. It's annoying. While I don't eat much from there it bugs me to have to ask for a cookie.

Thank you for the update.

Sounds like the Westerdam is never going to have all the Neptune amenities like the other ships.

Cruz Chic:

What are the new seats in the Visa show Lounge like?

When we were on the week of 3/22 Capt. Scott said they were re-doing the seats in the Vista Show Lounge, re-configuring the Dive In area, replacing tile in the Lido restaurant, replacing the carpet and soft furnishings you mentioned, replacing the furniture in the Crows Nest (there were several broken and torn chairs up there at the time) as well as several changes to crew areas.

What I am most curious about is the show lounge seats. As that cruise was our first Neptune Suite, I guess we were elated with the Neptune Lounge as we didn't realize we were missing something! Come October on the Eurodam I guess we will see what we missed!

Cruz Chic:

What are the new seats in the Visa show Lounge like?

When we were on the week of 3/22 Capt. Scott said they were re-doing the seats in the Vista Show Lounge, re-configuring the Dive In area, replacing tile in the Lido restaurant, replacing the carpet and soft furnishings you mentioned, replacing the furniture in the Crows Nest (there were several broken and torn chairs up there at the time) as well as several changes to crew areas.

What I am most curious about is the show lounge seats. As that cruise was our first Neptune Suite, I guess we were elated with the Neptune Lounge as we didn't realize we were missing something! Come October on the Eurodam I guess we will see what we missed!

I've only been in there for about 5 min this whole cruise. I'm not a show person and I haven't been feeling too wonderful so I've spent a lot of time in my room. To me it looks like any old other ship. I'm not sure what they did.

Thank you for the update.

Sounds like the Westerdam is never going to have all the Neptune amenities like the other ships.

I think what you see is what you get. I'm very upset I took the upsell and it was very pricy. I understand that people do pay full price. My experience with the Oosterdam was like a beautiful dream, the Westy, not so much.