Oasis Western - Formal nights and lobster @ MDR ?

Dear Cruise-Fans,

I've tried to find a 100% info to make our upcoming Oasis Western trip (10-May till 17-May) the most perfect one, especially as it is the first time for my beloved mom (73). So please allow me to confirm this with you to be sure I don't have to change the plan while being on Oasis.

I'm searching on which days are

1. Formal night 1 - Sunday ?
  2. Formal night 2 - Wednesday or Thursday ?
  3. Lobster @ MDR - along second formal night ?

We are planning to eat one night at Giovanni's table. When would be the best to do so please ? I guess sea days are pretty crowded ?

Is the following show schedule the current one and also independent of the route ?

http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1003

Around this I will arrange the rest.

Dragon coaster/Labadee: If one purchases a whole day for 2 people, does it always have to be the same two people ? We are three in our party and I would like to be able to take both my mom and my girl friend with me.

Plus: Can't find this all day offer any more in my online reservation, nor can find only the single rider thing ?!

I guess this I still can book when being on the ship if not offered online. But does anybody have any input please ?

Jamaika/Bamboo Rafting on the Martha Brae - FYB5:

I guess the boat can also accommodate 3 guests ? The online photos show only 2 guests...

Thank you very much in advance for your input.

Best regards

Christian

PS I again just have this feeling when being 6 years old, Christmas shortly to come and pressing my nose toward the toy shop's window from the outside ... but this time, I'm trying to do this experience for my mom too!

She has been on Freedom class and Brilliance so far ... I was able to visit Oasis and Allure before too.

Edited by ChristianDecker

The formal days are Sunday and Wednesday. Lobster was served on Wednesday.

My wife and I went to chops the first day (embarkation) and there was not that many people there. That would be a good way to start the cruise.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The formal days are Sunday and Wednesday. Lobster was served on Wednesday.

My wife and I went to chops the first day (embarkation) and there was not that many people there. That would be a good way to start the cruise.

Also just read from someone on board right now, that they are offering a 20% discount if you eat in a Specialty Restaurant on the first night. We booked one early and paid full price - hoping we can get some credit back once on board.

Jamaika/Bamboo Rafting on the Martha Brae - FYB5:

I guess the boat can also accommodate 3 guests ? The online photos show only 2 guests...

We went on this and the seat was pretty big, you could probably get three people on one, the seat goes all the way across the raft. It would be more comfortable with 2, where with 3 you would be more crowded. You have to climb down a long path to the river then climb onto the raft while they are holding it still. Our guide was "Derrick" and he was great!. We did not get to do the whole ride, because the river was too high from rains, but it still was worth it. You will have a great time. We really enjoyed it.

They furnish life jackets that you must wear. Be sure to take your camera, there is plenty to take pictures of.