Evening/dinner/ship clothing????

lasnev

What do you wear around the ship INSIDE? It must certainly be different than on a Caribbean cruise, I am, of course, referring to when you are not going to MDR.

I am in a quandary : leave shorts and sandals home? Thank you.

BTW, we are cruising last of June

Edited by tinykygal

Personally, I would. Why take extras when you need other things. If you are comfortable in Jeans and shirt, then that will be fine both on and off the ship. Do you absolutely need to pack flip flops when a good pair of sneakers or walking shoes fit all agenda's.

Cheers

Len

Do you absolutely need to pack flip flops when a good pair of sneakers or walking shoes fit all agenda's.

Flip flops are good if you are going to the pool and/or hot tub, which I also do on every cruise. They don't take up much room in your luggage either. I don't ever wear them off the ship, but I do wear them around the ship during the day. My feet tend to swell due to lots of walking, salty food, etc. so it's nice to give them a break and wear loose shoes when I can.

Thanks folks. SherryF, is you comment related to onboard the ship? I was concerned that capris might be too cold.

I can't get my mind to stop thinking of the Caribbean . I always wear nice capris to the MDR if not formal night. Think slacks on formal night on Princess would be ok..with a nice top, of course. No jeans in MDR for me.

I think I am over stressing. Takes all the fun away.

Ya know how I stopped stressing over what to wear? Years ago I realized that everyone else was so concerned with how THEY looked, they couldn't care less about MY attire. :)

Thanks folks. SherryF, is you comment related to onboard the ship? I was concerned that capris might be too cold.

I wear the same on and off the ship. Like I said, I am from Seattle and used to mild temperatures. For me, 60 and sunny is shorts weather. Glacier sailing days tend to be cooler, and I do wear long pants and layers on top, including hat and gloves. I don't like very cold temperatures (below freezing) but it's never been that cold on my cruises. I also don't do hot well, so I would die in long pants if was 80+. How you feel at these temperatures depends on you.

I can't get my mind to stop thinking of the Caribbean . I always wear nice capris to the MDR if not formal night. Think slacks on formal night on Princess would be ok..with a nice top, of course. No jeans in MDR for me.

I think I am over stressing. Takes all the fun away. ��

Capris are fine for non-formal nights. It is typical "room temperature" indoors, so you shouldn't be too cold in capris for dinner. Formal nights are dressier. I will sometimes wear dressy pants with a sparkly top, but I'm more likely to wear a skirt or dress. Again, I mix and match, so bring a couple of skirts and a pair of dressy pants with a few nice tops and mix and match all week.

Thanks, sherryf.

DH says the same. Indoor temps.

Funny, here in KY we are still in long sleeves!

I sure don't want to take winter dress clothes on a cruise.

Going to be beautiful Derby weather.

🐎🐎🐎🐎🐎🐎🐎