Back from the Jewell

Just got back from and enjoyable week on the Jewell!! Any questions I'll be glad to try to answer or give my opinion.

Did you go to Aruba on your itinerary?

Is any sushi available on board?

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic app

We enjoyed the open air seating behind the Windjammer. We went directly to the ship from airport but as we had been delayed we didn't have time to take a taxi over to Old San Juan. We would have been allowed to get off even though I had been told by a RC agent on the phone we would not be allowed. There was no close places to go to shop for last minute things. Checking in went smoothly.

We have done some bigger ships and there was a few things we missed but honestly we were happy and busy all week!

We did not do the Aruba itinerary last week so can't help on that.

We saw sushi in the Windjammer I believe every night (did not do MDR)

Does the Jewel have the freestyle soda machines? I've seen conflicting info.

Yes, in Windjammer only so they aren't available 24/7. A few weeks ago they ran out of diet coke and lots of other stuff the first day or two and were never refilled........:rolleyes:

What was your favorite island and excursion?

We really liked Dominica did a tour with Levi at Bumping tours went to Trafalgar Falls, Titou Gorge and Champagne Reef

St Kitts- did a tour with Poinciana Tours a hike up to Mt Liaumiaga if you are an ambitious person and like to climb over roots and climb up big rocks

Also really liked going over to Virga Gorda to the Baths (did this through the ship as I was afraid we might not have any other options when we got off as we were there on Easter Sunday)

Barbados- Did 4x4 adventure tour and Harrison Cave the cave was boring to us but enjoyed the safari part (in the future probably book privately I have a couple brochures I picked up if interested)

DH already wants to go back and take our young adult kids on these tours as you can see we are very active people so not sure if any of these would interest you, but will give you any information I have.

The soda machines were in the Windjammer not sure if they had any in the kids area as we didn't go in there, I do know you can get sodas in glasses from the bars at different areas on the ship.

Were there lots of opportunities for photos, especially formal night? Still trying to decide if I want the all prints package. I'm a picture junkie and love pics of my family all dressed up :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by buckeyemommy16

We really liked Dominica did a tour with Levi at Bumping tours went to Trafalgar Falls, Titou Gorge and Champagne Reef

St Kitts- did a tour with Poinciana Tours a hike up to Mt Liaumiaga if you are an ambitious person and like to climb over roots and climb up big rocks

Also really liked going over to Virga Gorda to the Baths (did this through the ship as I was afraid we might not have any other options when we got off as we were there on Easter Sunday)

Barbados- Did 4x4 adventure tour and Harrison Cave the cave was boring to us but enjoyed the safari part (in the future probably book privately I have a couple brochures I picked up if interested)

DH already wants to go back and take our young adult kids on these tours as you can see we are very active people so not sure if any of these would interest you, but will give you any information I have.

The soda machines were in the Windjammer not sure if they had any in the kids area as we didn't go in there, I do know you can get sodas in glasses from the bars at different areas on the ship.

I am going to be on the Jewel on May 3 and have the exact same tour booked in Barbados. Glad you liked it, I'll keep an open mind re the cave.

Were there lots of opportunities for photos, especially formal night? Still trying to decide if I want the all prints package. I'm a picture junkie and love pics of my family all dressed up :)

There were a lot of photo ops, all over the ship in the evenings from formal backgrounds to casual white or black backgrounds and overlooking the centrum, also photographers as you get off the ship and I have seen them on RCI tours too.

Yes plenty of photo opportunities- from getting off the ship ,in the MDR and I believe I saw them taking pictures most every night on deck 4 or 5. Hubby and I did get some pictures on formal night and the casual nights and I managed to limit myself to 2! Now when I have the family along it's a different story as I to love pictures of my family and since my kids are now young adults and I don't get the yearly Christmas photo I can justify my purchase!;)

Yes plenty of photo opportunities- from getting off the ship ,in the MDR and I believe I saw them taking pictures most every night on deck 4 or 5. Hubby and I did get some pictures on formal night and the casual nights and I managed to limit myself to 2! Now when I have the family along it's a different story as I to love pictures of my family and since my kids are now young adults and I don't get the yearly Christmas photo I can justify my purchase!;)

Thank you and thanks welshrich! I always try to limit myself but it's impossible. On our last cruise (DCL) I had decided I was buying the CD so we took so many pictures the family got tired of it! I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't be disappointed at the number of opportunities if I bought the package ahead of time.

One more question, did you happen to visit Chops or Portofino?

Edited by buckeyemommy16

My DH is an early riser so I told him to go sit by the pool and read till I got up! He was out around 8:00AM and it was already starting to get busy! If you don't care about being around the pool I am sure you could find a chair somewhere!