Plus size on the carnival Magic! Where will I struggle?

sweetshell637

You are smart to plan ahead but I hope all these kind folks have alleviated your worries. Have a wonderful stress free vacation...:D

Sent from my SM-N900R4 using Forums mobile app

Yes they have made me feel better!! Thank u!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Some of the chairs in the dining room do have arms, but if you ask they would bring you one without arms. I am a 26-28 and don't have a problem with the dining room chairs. I have found that the chairs at the outside Lido area are a bit snug, but then again, there are some that don't have sides...just have to look for one.

As for the pool, don't let the ladder keep you out of the pool!! Remember, you are more buoyant in water (especially in salt water)...so, just step on the bottom step, give yourself little bounce and climbing up is easy.

I've never had any trouble with the in-cabin bathroom size. In the public restrooms, there is always a bigger stall on the end. It's not wheelchair size bigger, but bigger than the others.

Plus size here too and the only problem I ever had was in the dining room- not wending my way through like others mentioned but actually sitting at the tables... If they put you at a two-top it's likely to only have about 8 inches between it and the next table.

After almost knocking someone's drink over with my butt ( ! ) trying to squeeze between the tables I started sitting on the outside seat! Many times you can just approach from the other side which I did often.

Thank u!! I know all this will help when it get on board!

Some of the chairs in the dining room do have arms, but if you ask they would bring you one without arms. I am a 26-28 and don't have a problem with the dining room chairs. I have found that the chairs at the outside Lido area are a bit snug, but then again, there are some that don't have sides...just have to look for one.

As for the pool, don't let the ladder keep you out of the pool!! Remember, you are more buoyant in water (especially in salt water)...so, just step on the bottom step, give yourself little bounce and climbing up is easy.

I've never had any trouble with the in-cabin bathroom size. In the public restrooms, there is always a bigger stall on the end. It's not wheelchair size bigger, but bigger than the others.

Oh thanks! I'll see if I can get the courage to attempt the pool ladder! All this helps ease my mind so much!

I am not a tiny girl and have never had problems with any of the furniture on any ship I've been on, nor with getting up and out of the pool via the ladder. The ladders are very sturdy and the first step is easy to get on. Where am my problem lies is with the airplane seats on the way to/from the ship! I have to ask for a seat belt extender. Sigh... This is only getting worse. I flew on Alaska Airlines last week and they've put new, smaller seats on AGAIN. I have cut sugar out of my life and am hoping for a more comfortable flight to LAX in December.

Taters

I am not a tiny girl and have never had problems with any of the furniture on any ship I've been on, nor with getting up and out of the pool via the ladder. The ladders are very sturdy and the first step is easy to get on. Where am my problem lies is with the airplane seats on the way to/from the ship! I have to ask for a seat belt extender. Sigh... This is only getting worse. I flew on Alaska Airlines last week and they've put new, smaller seats on AGAIN. I have cut sugar out of my life and am hoping for a more comfortable flight to LAX in December.

Taters

Good luck with cutting out sugar!!! Fortunately I'm local so no flying for me! I have to ask for the extender too and I usually as for it as u board the plane so it's a bit more discreet. But sucks none the less! Keep up the good work!

As a man who is 400plus lbs, I always need a chair with no arms and the staff on the ship has always accommodated - MDR or Steakhouse.

I cannot do the stairs of the pool, but luckily I am not a pool person even if it has stairs, I do love the hot tub and always spend time there.

The shower in the cabin is not great for anyone, but for someone of exceptional size it a challenge, but its not that bad after one shower you figure out how you have to work it. The bathroom door is also a tight fit, but its not like I cannot make it in there.

In regards to the MDR I always tell the hostess when I walk in that I need something close because I dont want to ask 25 people to move out of my way and they always try to accommodate as well.

The wicker lido deck chairs i just fit into but if i stay too long in them I tend to get sore on my hips and I dont want to have aches and pains so I limit my time in those.

I have no issues with the loungers and love them, but as someone said earlier they can be really close. For that reason I spend alot of lounger time at Serenity.

I love cruising and I wouldnt worry - the crew is there to help you.

BTW - are you from Pennsylvania?

As a man who is 400plus lbs, I always need a chair with no arms and the staff on the ship has always accommodated - MDR or Steakhouse.

I cannot do the stairs of the pool, but luckily I am not a pool person even if it has stairs, I do love the hot tub and always spend time there.

The shower in the cabin is not great for anyone, but for someone of exceptional size it a challenge, but its not that bad after one shower you figure out how you have to work it. The bathroom door is also a tight fit, but its not like I cannot make it in there.

In regards to the MDR I always tell the hostess when I walk in that I need something close because I dont want to ask 25 people to move out of my way and they always try to accommodate as well.

The wicker lido deck chairs i just fit into but if i stay too long in them I tend to get sore on my hips and I dont want to have aches and pains so I limit my time in those.

I have no issues with the loungers and love them, but as someone said earlier they can be really close. For that reason I spend alot of lounger time at Serenity.

I love cruising and I wouldnt worry - the crew is there to help you.

BTW - are you from Pennsylvania?

Great info!!! Thanks!!! No not from PA,, sorry!

I can't speak for the Magic, but on the Elation the dining room chairs were not comfortable. I managed to get in the pool and only made that mistake once, getting out with those straight up and down ladders is horrible. A few of the bathrooms have small stalls, I just waited to get into a handicapped stall. I had no issues in our cabin, or on our balcony. Some areas on some ships are only accessible by stairs or by walking all the way across the ship on one deck to get to an elevator to go up or down, then have to walk all the way back across the ship.

Great info!!! Thanks!!! No not from PA,, sorry!

no problem, my pleasure. I know what its like. I just cancelled brunch with some friends this morning because I went and google searched the place and saw how tiny the place was and the seats were small. I would have been so uncomfortable.

I can't speak for the Magic, but on the Elation the dining room chairs were not comfortable. I managed to get in the pool and only made that mistake once, getting out with those straight up and down ladders is horrible. A few of the bathrooms have small stalls, I just waited to get into a handicapped stall. I had no issues in our cabin, or on our balcony. Some areas on some ships are only accessible by stairs or by walking all the way across the ship on one deck to get to an elevator to go up or down, then have to walk all the way back across the ship.

Thanks, yea I'm gonna cross the stair issue as I see it! Lol thank u!!

no problem, my pleasure. I know what its like. I just cancelled brunch with some friends this morning because I went and google searched the place and saw how tiny the place was and the seats were small. I would have been so uncomfortable.

I hear ya!

Yea I guess that's true although I don't consider 14 a us size so I forget. Thank u for your response!

The average size of an American woman is 14 to 16 so I would not consider this plus size. Usually for womens clothing sizes plus size is XL or above. So XL is 16 to 18, 2XL is 20 to 22, 3XL is 24 to 26, and 4XL is 28 to 30.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

The average size of an American woman is 14 to 16 so I would not consider this plus size. Usually for womens clothing sizes plus size is XL or above. So XL is 16 to 18, 2XL is 20 to 22, 3XL is 24 to 26, and 4XL is 28 to 30.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

I guess I'm not quite sure y u are explaining this... What I was saying is I personally don't think a 14 is a "plus size" I am larger than that for sure...

I guess I'm not quite sure y u are explaining this... What I was saying is I personally don't think a 14 is a "plus size" I am larger than that for sure...

Most likely because I said a sized 14 plus size. The stores that market themselves to plus sized women start at size 14 so that's why I included that particular size. See Lane Bryant, Roaman's, etc. It seems that 14 is indeed the line between plus sized and not.

Most likely because I said a sized 14 plus size. The stores that market themselves to plus sized women start at size 14 so that's why I included that particular size. See Lane Bryant, Roaman's, etc. It seems that 14 is indeed the line between plus sized and not.

Ahh ok, gotcha..

I understand why you are asking this question, and think you're very wise to plan ahead. However, please don't let your size dictate your vacation. Relax and enjoy yourself! Focus on enjoying seeing new things, eating new foods, and meeting new people, and not having anxiety about how you fit into these surroundings. You'll probably never see any of those people again, so don't feel as if they are all judging you, because so WHAT if they are?! Be confident and enjoy the vacation that you paid for.

From one plus size to another. :)

Enjoy it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I understand why you are asking this question, and think you're very wise to plan ahead. However, please don't let your size dictate your vacation. Relax and enjoy yourself! Focus on enjoying seeing new things, eating new foods, and meeting new people, and not having anxiety about how you fit into these surroundings. You'll probably never see any of those people again, so don't feel as if they are all judging you, because so WHAT if they are?! Be confident and enjoy the vacation that you paid for.

From one plus size to another. :)

Enjoy it!

Thank u for that!! I find myself worrying about this more often than bit and I 'know' I'll be fine but sometimes it gets the best of me! Thanks for ur encouragement!

Thank u for that!! I find myself worrying about this more often than bit and I 'know' I'll be fine but sometimes it gets the best of me! Thanks for ur encouragement!

You're very welcome.

Even when you're feeling insecure, no matter what you're wearing, it helps to ROCK IT. Smile and pose for pictures. Tell yourself that you're gorgeous now matter what your brain is thinking. A smiling, confident plus sized girl is more beautiful than a meek, insecure plus sized girl any day of the week. "Fake it til you make it" doesn't just apply to jewelry. Tell yourself that you're beautiful often enough, and you will really start to believe it.

You're very welcome.

Even when you're feeling insecure, no matter what you're wearing, it helps to ROCK IT. Smile and pose for pictures. Tell yourself that you're gorgeous now matter what your brain is thinking. A smiling, confident plus sized girl is more beautiful than a meek, insecure plus sized girl any day of the week. "Fake it til you make it" doesn't just apply to jewelry. Tell yourself that you're beautiful often enough, and you will really start to believe it.

😘 thanks!!