Western Caribbean Itinerary - need excursion suggestions

bitofun

Just last week our Conquest cruise for April 2015 was cancelled due to relocating the ship to Fort Lauderdale. We've now totally changed itinerary and booked a cruise on the Glory which will cruise from Miami to Cozumel, Belize, Mahogany Bay and Grand Cayman.

I'm looking for excursion suggestions/experiences for each port and also any input about the Glory.

Will be me and my sister going on our 3rd Sisters cruise :D.

Thanks in advance to replies!

are you dedicated to shopping?

are you dedicated to snorkeling/scuba?

are you bus tour folks?

as you beach folks?

the answers will be all over the place until you add some specifics

Thanks, should have included some specifics ;)

We both like to shop and do more beach days. Neither one of us has ever done the scuba and not that big into snorkeling either.

We live in different states and unable to be together more than about once a year with the cruise being one of those times. Much of our time is spent absorbing each other. We both love to cruise. Love the sun, sand and water. Love to eat and drink as well :)

Well, not knowing what you are into, I will tell you what we did. We went to Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel for a beach day, and opted for the all inclusive, and loved it. In Belize, we did cave tubing with Victor Bodden, and if we are ever in Belize again, we would do the same excursion again, we had the best time....

Well, not knowing what you are into, I will tell you what we did. We went to Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel for a beach day, and opted for the all inclusive, and loved it. In Belize, we did cave tubing with Victor Bodden, and if we are ever in Belize again, we would do the same excursion again, we had the best time....

Unless there are two Victor Boddens you did an excursion with him in Roatan :)

Just last week our Conquest cruise for April 2015 was cancelled due to relocating the ship to Fort Lauderdale. We've now totally changed itinerary and booked a cruise on the Glory which will cruise from Miami to Cozumel, Belize, Mahogany Bay and Grand Cayman.

I'm looking for excursion suggestions/experiences for each port and also any input about the Glory.

This is our favorite itinerary by far we have done it I think 6 times

In Cozumel we do all inclusives $50 per person all you can eat and drink from open until close with great service at mr sanchos (our favorite ) or Nachi Cocum (very quiet)

In Grand Cayman we take a cheap taxi to Calico Jacks beach bar and rent chairs and sit on the beach.The location is good and always taxis to take you back to the ship and clean restrooms.If your first time you may like stingray city (youtube it) .We used moby dicks and he was cheaper than the ships prices.

This is what we do and who we use in Roatan

http://boddentours.com/bestofroatan.htm#HMB

We have used Victor a few times and always a great time.they do what you want and like ALL DAY while on the island for $100 a couple including a tip.Our last time we toured the island again ,hit the beach and had some fresh lobster tacos and did some shopping.This is your best bet you will love Roatan especially if you leave the Carnival owned man made beach area

This is our favorite itinerary by far we have done it I think 6 times

In Cozumel we do all inclusives $50 per person all you can eat and drink from open until close with great service at mr sanchos (our favorite ) or Nachi Cocum (very quiet)

In Grand Cayman we take a cheap taxi to Calico Jacks beach bar and rent chairs and sit on the beach.The location is good and always taxis to take you back to the ship and clean restrooms.If your first time you may like stingray city (youtube it) .We used moby dicks and he was cheaper than the ships prices.

This is what we do and who we use in Roatan

http://boddentours.com/bestofroatan.htm#HMB

We have used Victor a few times and always a great time.they do what you want and like ALL DAY while on the island for $100 a couple including a tip.Our last time we toured the island again ,hit the beach and had some fresh lobster tacos and did some shopping.This is your best bet you will love Roatan especially if you leave the Carnival owned man made beach area

Thank you for the wonderful recommendations! Mr Sanchos sounds fabulous and so does touring with Victor Bodden while at Roatan. Calico Jacks reminds me of our stop at Jack's Shack in Grand Turk a year ago, where we had a wonderful time and great food and drink. :D

What about Belize? Thinking about doing the cave tubing, but looking for others to reply with experiences.

Also would love to hear from anyone regarding the Glory! :)

Thank you for the wonderful recommendations! Mr Sanchos sounds fabulous and so does touring with Victor Bodden while at Roatan. Calico Jacks reminds me of our stop at Jack's Shack in Grand Turk a year ago, where we had a wonderful time and great food and drink. :D

What about Belize? Thinking about doing the cave tubing, but looking for others to reply with experiences.

Also would love to hear from anyone regarding the Glory! :)

We loved Jacks shack too :)

We did cave tubing in Belize and it was good to try once :) A pretty long walk through the jungle ,not really that bad but its a bit of a hike.

We have been on the Glory a few times and this is my favorite class of ship .What would you like to know maybe I can answer your questions

Edited by mikel24m

Haven't been to Belize or Roatan yet, but Cozumel many times. In February my two sisters went with me and my husband. Saw a Carnival excursion called La Playa en La Casa Rocky Shores Adults Only. It was $120 each but it was perfect for us. Only 24 guests at a nice house right on the beach about 20 minutes from port. Sun or shade, lounge chairs, hammocks, cabana beds. All you can drink, very attentive service, private chef, wonderful food. Small swimming pool. It was beautiful, relaxing, peaceful. Tripping Cool is the name of the company, young guys, speak very good English, everything clean, we had a wonderful time. I don't ordinarily book ship's excursions, but this one was very good. We were on the Carnival Triumph out of Galveston. Going again in October, will probably do this again. Another fun thing is the Cozumel Bar Hop Bus, did that last year, you get to see the other side of the island!

Hands down my favorite excursion for Cozumel is the Cozumel Bar Hop (google it) so much fun and so beautiful!!!

Belize- cave tubing (private excursion) check out the ones available on the port of call threads) It as awesome!!!! There is NOTHING to see right at the Port in Belize (dirty and ugly).

Hope this helps! Have Fun!

We loved Jacks shack too :)

We did cave tubing in Belize and it was good to try once :) A pretty long walk through the jungle ,not really that bad but its a bit of a hike.

We have been on the Glory a few times and this is my favorite class of ship .What would you like to know maybe I can answer your questions

In regards to the Glory, what did you think of the ship? We are in a balcony :D I've read good and not so good reviews of the Glory. I'm sure like all others, it just depends on what one's expectations are. My sister and I are like two peas in a pod when it comes to cruising and activities. I know we'll love the cruise, activities and ship.

Thanks again for replies!

Hands down my favorite excursion for Cozumel is the Cozumel Bar Hop (google it) so much fun and so beautiful!!!

Belize- cave tubing (private excursion) check out the ones available on the port of call threads) It as awesome!!!! There is NOTHING to see right at the Port in Belize (dirty and ugly).

Hope this helps! Have Fun!

Thanks for this information. I will definitely check them out.

In regards to the Glory, what did you think of the ship? We are in a balcony :D I've read good and not so good reviews of the Glory. I'm sure like all others, it just depends on what one's expectations are. My sister and I are like two peas in a pod when it comes to cruising and activities. I know we'll love the cruise, activities and ship.

Thanks again for replies!

we love the glory and we almost always cruise in a balcony.We always book close to the action on the lido deck category 8E.The best location on the ship ,close to food,the pools ,your own bathroom ,morning coffee :)

Did you pick your cabin ?

we love the glory and we almost always cruise in a balcony.We always book close to the action on the lido deck category 8E.The best location on the ship ,close to food,the pools ,your own bathroom ,morning coffee :)

Did you pick your cabin ?

Glad to hear you are among those that love the Glory! We have picked our cabin and we are thrilled about it. We splurged on one of the better balcony cabins ;)

We have done this itinerary a few times and try to do something different each trip. Our favorites for each stop are:

Belize : Cave Tubing with Bannister Island 2nd.

Cayman: Rum Point. We did this with Nativeway's Rays, Reef and Rum Point Tour. If I could find a tour to Rum Point I would spend a whole day there. Gorgeous!

Roatan: Upachaya Resort or Maya Key. Both are as laidback as you want to make them.

Cozumel: Been there 11 times and have had a ball every time the weather cooperated. Never found a beach club that we didn't like. Nachi Cocum is quite and only takes 100 people. Playa Palancar is one of the farthest clubs from the ships on that side of the island so they are usually not too crowded. Paradise Beach is close to the ships, has good food, drinks and a big pool. (Snorkeling sucks). Chankanaab has everything but cost to get in. Then there is Mr. Sanchos, Playa Uvas, Playa Corona, Money Bar and Paradise Island just to name a few more.

Honestly, you can't go wrong on Coz.