Best beaches in or near Cannes

dancingqueen58

We will be in Cannes, France, for 10 hours on a cruise stop. With my husband and myself will be two of our three children, ages 22 (girl) and 25 (boy). We want calm waters, soft sand, food and drink close by, and lounges and umbrellas. The more I research, the more confused I become - which beach, which hotel/restaurant? Thinking we probably want to stay in Cannes, but we are also willing to take the train into another town/beach area. Any suggestions?

We will be in Cannes, France, for 10 hours on a cruise stop. With my husband and myself will be two of our three children, ages 22 (girl) and 25 (boy). We want calm waters, soft sand, food and drink close by, and lounges and umbrellas. The more I research, the more confused I become - which beach, which hotel/restaurant? Thinking we probably want to stay in Cannes, but we are also willing to take the train into another town/beach area. Any suggestions?

I realize you are new toi the board(welcome),but if you use the search function on this board and put in beaches in Cannes you will find a lot if good info that will be of help to you. Understand there are not many beaches that have sand they are mostly all rocks.This info here will tell you what places you can rent chairs,loungers etc.

Karen,

I see that you post answers telling people to do searches QUITE often, I feel like it might be more helpful to the Original Poster, and the community in general if maybe you did the search and provided a link in your response. Since you are taking the time out to write a several sentence response anyway, I know I would find it very helpful. just a thought.

For Instance

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=50281387

Edited by ylojerseygirl

Karen,

I see that you post answers telling people to do searches QUITE often, I feel like it might be more helpful to the Original Poster, and the community in general if maybe you did the search and provided a link in your response. Since you are taking the time out to write a several sentence response anyway, I know I would find it very helpful. just a thought.

For Instance

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=50281387

You are right...I do do this as I fully believe that one should do some homework,ie,guides,internet searches,Google,on places they are going to visit rather than have someone else do it for them.To me a part of travel is learning where you are going and what you may expect to see and learn through you own eyes. I have posted many links,have written many responses to questions over the years and when I see a question posted that has been replies to many many times I do post about doing a search.Some people do not even know this function is there and what a great help it can be.Sorry if this bothers you.

Just a thought. ... But if no one ever answers these questions, there would be nothing to search for. When im looking at these boards and I see a question posted I find interesting. .. I prefer to open and read responses that answer the Q not read *go look elsewhere*. Isn't asking part of the "resesrch"?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

Just a thought. ... But if no one ever answers these questions, there would be nothing to search for. When im looking at these boards and I see a question posted I find interesting. .. I prefer to open and read responses that answer the Q not read *go look elsewhere*. Isn't asking part of the "resesrch"?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

The only time I suggest people search is when the question asked has been asked many many times over and over and people have posted recent reviews and info.The sticky on top re first time cruisers to Europe is a great resourse as well.I only post on this board not a lot of them,and I have traveled over the years a lot. If I were going someplace I have not been I would do some reading,some research and if stuck would certainly post a question or if someone post a question on thois board that may never have been asked and/or looking for certain info I may know.If someone came back with a question after I posted about researchingI would try to reply if only I knew the answer.Enough said on my part.

Nice beach very near ship. Turn right and you can't miss it. Right in town - has everything you specify.

I would just add to this that the town beach has everything you specify except for shades and loungers, unless you go to one of the restaurant/bars along the beach.

If you follow the coastline from where the tenders bring you in you will shortly come to the public beach which is very nice but has no loungers etc. A short distance along you will find restaurants/bars which have loungers and shades but for which you will pay a price - and not particularly cheap.

If all you want is a nice beach and are happy to lie on a towel the public beach is very nice.

You are right...I do do this as I fully believe that one should do some homework,ie,guides,internet searches,Google,on places they are going to visit rather than have someone else do it for them.To me a part of travel is learning where you are going and what you may expect to see and learn through you own eyes. I have posted many links,have written many responses to questions over the years and when I see a question posted that has been replies to many many times I do post about doing a search.Some people do not even know this function is there and what a great help it can be.Sorry if this bothers you.

Not everyone has the time to do this. It is not up to you to decide how people should research and find the information they need. Sometimes people want the latest information or information specific to their scenario.