FAO Bonnie: Evening flight from Nice (France) on 22 May

Wacktle

Hi Bonnie,

Our flight back to Manchester (UK) from from Nice on 22 May leaves at 18.55. The flights were booked via Azamara.

Your small print booking conditions say: "If however your booking is on a fly/cruise basis, a transfer to the airport will also be provided. In certain ports of call, where the return flight is late in the day (fly/cruise guests only), we may at our discretion provide a complimentary dayroom/luggage store, tour or similar arrangements prior to your return flight. Please check your travel documents for details of any post-cruise arrangements applicable to your booking (subject to change)."

Our travel documents show the included transfer, but no departure time is stated.

Is there any possiblilty that our luggage can be stored on the ship until the afternoon so that we can enjoy Nice? Will Azamara provide a late transfer?

Many thanks, Joan

Hi Bonnie,

Our flight back to Manchester (UK) from from Nice on 22 May leaves at 18.55. The flights were booked via Azamara.

Your small print booking conditions say: "If however your booking is on a fly/cruise basis, a transfer to the airport will also be provided. In certain ports of call, where the return flight is late in the day (fly/cruise guests only), we may at our discretion provide a complimentary dayroom/luggage store, tour or similar arrangements prior to your return flight. Please check your travel documents for details of any post-cruise arrangements applicable to your booking (subject to change)."

Our travel documents show the included transfer, but no departure time is stated.

Is there any possiblilty that our luggage can be stored on the ship until the afternoon so that we can enjoy Nice? Will Azamara provide a late transfer?

Many thanks, Joan

Sometimes, Azamara allow a few guests to stay onboard until lunchtime, for a small fee, but I believe one can only enquire about this on the ship.

If not, you could really do with a tour on the way.

Hi Bonnie,

Many thanks, Joan

Joan,

You might be better to leave your cases in left luggage at Nice airport and then take the airport bus back into the centre of town. Last time I used it the cost was only €4.50 one way and the buses run about every 15-20 minutes.

I hope you are able to enjoy Nice. It is one if my favourite cities

Hazel

Joan,

You might be better to leave your cases in left luggage at Nice airport and then take the airport bus back into the centre of town. Last time I used it the cost was only €4.50 one way and the buses run about every 15-20 minutes.

I hope you are able to enjoy Nice. It is one if my favourite cities

Hazel

Thanks Hazel (and Tim),

Our fallback plan B is to do exactly as you suggest, and leave the luggage at the airport and go back into the town. It's good to know that you've done this yourself. However, it would be one less journey and a lower cost if we could leave the cases on the ship (or at the port) for the bulk of the day and transfer to the airport in time for the flight. I was assuming that we'd not be the only ones with an evening flight.

Joan

Hello Spursgirl,

I have received an answer from the Hotel Department:

"Hi Bonnie - Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this one...

While the ships are in Europe, we do often offer our Late Disembarkation program which is available for purchase for $35 and may only be booked onboard. Availability of the program is dependent on the specific debark port, and it is not available in all areas.

If a Guest chooses this option, they do forfeit any transfer they may have had included as part of their air-sea arrangements. We do not generally offer a transfer to the airport for Late Disembarkation Guests, as it is simply too costly, and the charge that we would have to pass on to Guests would be exorbitant. In Nice, the trip by taxi from the port to the airport is about 30-40 Euros.

We do not have the facilities onboard to store Guests' luggage after they have disembarked. In some ports, and again, this varies greatly by port, there may be the possibility of storing luggage in the terminal. The terminal in Nice is VERY small...hard to call it a terminal really...so no luggage storage facilities are available."

I hope having this information helps you make your plans.

Bonnie

Hi Bonnie,

Actually is was me who raised the question, so many thanks for obtaining this information. We will ask on board. However, the late disembarkation sounds costly. Therefore I suspect we'll opt for the included transfer and store our luggage at the airport, then go back into town by bus.

Thanks, Joan

Hi Bonnie,

Actually is was me who raised the question, so many thanks for obtaining this information. We will ask on board. However, the late disembarkation sounds costly. Therefore I suspect we'll opt for the included transfer and store our luggage at the airport, then go back into town by bus.

Thanks, Joan

Hi Joan, yes, that's probably what I'd do too.

Bonnie

Hi Bonnie,

Thanks, Joan

Hi, I recently flew back from Nice after an Azamara cruise. For any passenger with a flight booked for after 15.30, there was an option to take a tour of Nice, at a charge, and then be transported back to the airport.

Nice airport Terminal 1 has very few facilities and I would recommend storing your luggage at the airport and travelling back in to town. The left luggage charge per item is €14 and you have to present your airline ticket and a form of identification. I thought the charge was excessive.

Hi, I recently flew back from Nice after an Azamara cruise. For any passenger with a flight booked for after 15.30, there was an option to take a tour of Nice, at a charge, and then be transported back to the airport.

Nice airport Terminal 1 has very few facilities and I would recommend storing your luggage at the airport and travelling back in to town. The left luggage charge per item is €14 and you have to present your airline ticket and a form of identification. I thought the charge was excessive.

Agree, Nice luggage store is unrealistic especially if you need to store your hold and cabin bags to enjoy a day in Nice there is often a big wait too. We had hoped to either stay onboard late or take a trip. On our cruise last year ending in Nice, no option was available apart from transfer to airport.

Yvonne

Thanks Tigernut & Yvonne,

There is a ship's tour that ends at the airport but it's now very expensive. I didn't book it when the 25% discount offer was available as it says it's 4 hours and doesn't say when it leaves from the ship. I guessed it will arrive at the airport about 13.00-13.30 for check in for 15.30 flights and later. That would still be very early. So we'll have to pay the left luggage charge and do our own thing, I think.

There's a distinct advantage in booking a fully packaged cruise with a certain well known company who look after you from airport check in, and allow you to remain on board until your flight home. Their ships may appear a little downmarket and tired compared to Azamara, but their onboard staff were surpisingly fantastic.

It's all an experience though, isn't it.

Joan