Flowrider lessons on Navigator?

I have booked lessons on both the Allure and Oasis for the flowrider in the past and was wondering if they are offered on Navigator now that they have added a flowrider. I don't see it listed as something that can be prebooked and was wondering if anyone out there who has recently sailed on Navigator, (since the addition of the flowrider), has booked lessons? Are they still offered, but just onboard, or am I missing them in my reservation? We sail on May 11th so coming up quick and my son would like to participate, vs. watch this time and I figured lessons would be good to start with.

I've not been on the NOTS, but someone just got back from a voyage on her and they posted their cruise compass. You can in fact, get lessons on the flowrider for a charge. I think you should be able to reserve those now on the RC site. I could be wrong, but I could have sworn I've seen that option... Hope that helps. :)

Edited by Mjmom05

You can book them on your reservation.. it is In the Onboard Activities area. That only shows the Barbie experience in the summary on your reservation but if you click that it shows the option for reserving lessons. I searched and searched for this myself, not really impressed with RCI's website..:(

Thanks for the info. I did not even think of clicking on the Barbie Experience... When I did however it says that on line reservations for that activity, (on board experience), is not available. Oh well, I will keep checking and check onboard as well.

Thanks for the info. I did not even think of clicking on the Barbie Experience... When I did however it says that on line reservations for that activity, (on board experience), is not available. Oh well, I will keep checking and check onboard as well.

I just checked our reservations.. they show nothing, went to the reservations and got a notice that, that part of the site was down... however on payments it shows the charge for the lessons..

I am a first time RCI cruiser, we have booked 3 cabins, and their site is driving me nuts. I am hoping this is temporary and it will get sorted out soon. If we show up and I am charged for reservations they don't have.. well it might not be real pretty.:mad:

However I will go with.. it's a vacation, it will work out, yeah.. at least I will try.

I had seen the lessons recommended on another thread.. I can't find it right now, sorry. They aren't cheap.. but it was said you will be in a smaller group and get instruction for something like 45 minutes to an hour and it really helps in learning how to use the thing. Then when you have to wait in line to get a turn you can use it and enjoy it much more...not sure if it is necessary. But for folks with no surfing or boarding experience.. maybe helpful.

I had seen the lessons recommended on another thread.. I can't find it right now, sorry. They aren't cheap.. but it was said you will be in a smaller group and get instruction for something like 45 minutes to an hour and it really helps in learning how to use the thing. Then when you have to wait in line to get a turn you can use it and enjoy it much more...not sure if it is necessary. But for folks with no surfing or boarding experience.. maybe helpful.

Lessons are $69 pp, min of 4 people per session, max of 8 and they last an hour.

They are not necessary but some folks enjoy taking the lessons and learning more about flowboarding :D

Lessons are not mandatory but both of my sons found them very helpful. As a matter of fact since they took the lessons, the sports staff let them ride longer. They have also both competed on the National Flow Tour for the past 3 years.

So, is the Flowrider free, but once you fall your turn is over, so for $60/pp you learn how to stay up longer, hence get a longer turn? Or is there a charger for the Flowrider, too?

No charge for using the Flowrider, only for the lessons.

Just returned from the Allure where we did Flowrider lessons. They are typically scheduled early am or late night (post 6pm public closing) and I think (though can't confirm on port days at select times). We just went to the activities desk on the sports desk and reserved it there.

As stated above, min of 4 and max of 8. Two staff are there to help teach first timers and/or help teach tricks (ones that are allowable) etc…You can interchange stand-up and boogie boarding too.

We are a family of four and turned out we were the only ones; so it works out great for the price ($69pp). Very informative, lots of fun and really worth it, as we did it early in the cruise and got to benefit from the lessons for the rest of the cruise.

Can't quite say we were subsequently allowed longer time on our rides during the public session. Once you wiped out - you were out and had to get back in line; though typically if you wiped out within a few seconds or so of starting they would give you another chance.

On the Navigator they didn't push the lessons like they do on other ships. Every other cruise with a Flowrider they try to sell lessons every time they make an announcement over the loudspeakers, but I don't remember hearing them mention lessons once our whole week. There wasn't a morning lesson before the open sessions all week either. On the Navigator the Sports Team seemed to only do the bare minimum they needed to do for the Flowrider (no pushing lessons, no BOB, no Flow Show). I had seen a couple of the staff on other Flowrider ships, so it wasn't like they were all brand-new to it. Seemed like a waste to me that they spent all that money on adding a Flowrider and didn't seem interested in generating any extra revenue.

Regardless of that, the Navigator is now my favorite Flowrider of the 4 ships I have been on that have one. Take the lesson early in the week and it will be money well spent.