Cabin preference?

Quick question:

Your personal opinion: Promenade Stateroom or Oceanview Stateroom Guaranteed? I might be able to upgrade to the oceanview, but didn’t know if it was worth it to take my chance on location. What do you all think?

What ship? Not that it makes much difference I suppose....

We booked a Promenade room on Liberty OTS last January (Deck 6); always wanted to try one. It seemed it had a bit less storage space than similar cabins (for some reason the cabinets on the sides of the mirror were only about 2 inches deep - strange). The light factor didn't bother us, but we've cruised in everything from insides to balconies and never had a problem.

The one problem you might encounter is noise. Its quiet, except when there's an event being held in the Promenade (like Disco night) - then you'll hear "thump, thump, thump..." However, the tradeoff for that is being able to look out your window and watch the events, and people walking through. I liked it and would book one again; the noise, for me, was the only drawback. That being said, if you go to the parties, it won't be a problem anyways!:D