Cabanas Nellies Beach Labadee

Hi all, quick question, I see the age restrictions for the cabanas in labadee are age 4 and In our party there is a 3 year old.

Hubby and I are thinking of having a couple of hours when ship ports alone on the beach then bringing the kids off (granny and gramps also with us) we would like to have hired the cabana and I am just wondering how strict they are if the 3 year old came up to it when she is not in the water.

Or, if we hired it so we could have that couple of hours in the morning, would we then be able to give it to my parents so they could enjoy it and hubby, me and the kids would go to beach chairs?

Thankyou in advance :-)

Hi all, quick question, I see the age restrictions for the cabanas in labadee are age 4 and In our party there is a 3 year old.

Hubby and I are thinking of having a couple of hours when ship ports alone on the beach then bringing the kids off (granny and gramps also with us) we would like to have hired the cabana and I am just wondering how strict they are if the 3 year old came up to it when she is not in the water.

Or, if we hired it so we could have that couple of hours in the morning, would we then be able to give it to my parents so they could enjoy it and hubby, me and the kids would go to beach chairs?

Thankyou in advance :-)

Dont know how to delete a thread, sorry folks but decided we are not going to do a cabana at all, they do look nice and relaxing but we also like wandering around too much and want to spend most of the day in the water with the children so it probably would have been wasted on us.

When you reserve a cabana, six people are allowed to use it so you would have no problem using it in the AM and letting Grandma and Grandpa enjoy it in the Afternoon. I would not think that you would have any trouble getting your 3 year old into the cabana either. Some of the "Over the water" Cabanas on Nellies require entry from the water either up a set of steps or up a ladder. That might be difficult entry for your 3 year old. The "Beach" cabanas are beach level and have sandy areas inside the wall that surrounds them and are right in front of the swimming area. We had #10 which is a handicap accessible one, along with #9. Our entry into the water was down a cement ramp to the water's edge. That would work for your 3 year old if they are not reserved for someone who actually needs the accessible one. We did not but were assigned it when we arrived. All of the other ones were already assigned. We just lucked out to get that one.

When you reserve a cabana, six people are allowed to use it so you would have no problem using it in the AM and letting Grandma and Grandpa enjoy it in the Afternoon. I would not think that you would have any trouble getting your 3 year old into the cabana either. Some of the "Over the water" Cabanas on Nellies require entry from the water either up a set of steps or up a ladder. That might be difficult entry for your 3 year old. The "Beach" cabanas are beach level and have sandy areas inside the wall that surrounds them and are right in front of the swimming area. We had #10 which is a handicap accessible one, along with #9. Our entry into the water was down a cement ramp to the water's edge. That would work for your 3 year old if they are not reserved for someone who actually needs the accessible one. We did not but were assigned it when we arrived. All of the other ones were already assigned. We just lucked out to get that one.

Thank you for ur answer, we decided to leave it but I appreciate u taking the time to answer. :)

For Inquiring Minds:

We had a Nellie's Cabana on Labadee last week with our 2 year old daughter. I asked the attendant that was in charge of the wristbands for the cabanas if my daughter would need one and he said no. Our party consisted of 6 adults and my daughter.

So it is my opinion that the age listed is to say that those over the age of 4 need a wristband and will "count" toward your max people allowed; where those younger are "free" so-to-speak.