Egg crates on Grand princess!

Emilyethanmom

Just got off the Grand and i think i can help. I had tried calling ahead for egg crates but I was told I was too late. We also had a full suite (C748), and the Princess Rep told me I was crazy, that the suites had the best mattresses, that all of the beds had just been upgraded, and not to worry. But with DH's back, I certainly did worry.

Having just spent 15 days on board, I can tell you unequivocally not to worry. Our suite bed was fantastic, very firm. The best part about it was that one or the other of us could get up and never disturb the other. Don't even have that at home. So I will tell you don't waste your time worrying about this one and enjoy your vacation.

Edit: sorry, I just saw that you were requesting info about the sofabed. Never mind......

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by Ellipooh

Just thread-jacking real quick to say hi to to Ellipooh :) We were a four doors away from each other. Sad to have to get off the ship today!

Edit: our standard mattress was very comfortable.

Edited by gcvt

Just off the Grand April 13th and when we boarded at 12 noon, we asked for an egg crate and they were already out! Don't know how but they were. He folded a mattress pad over twice and put on my side of the bed. The bed was comfortable. Not sure how the sofa bed will be though :eek:

Can I request egg crates for the sofa bed in full suites? If i request it who do I call or email for this service? We will be on grand princess Full suite in May 25th, 2014. Please help, thanks.

There is a fax number but you waited too late.Always reserve when you book.They are so worn out anyway,they don't make much of a difference.You can always beg your butler for some!

We just got off the Grand on Monday. Immediately upon getting on we asked our room steward for egg crates. I did hear a young girl mentioning that she had to sleep on a sofa bed and it was not comfortable so I would suggest asking for one as soon as you get on. I don't know how the sofa bed would fold up with one each day but the room stewards are great and they might be able to just roll it up each day an remake the bed each night. BTW I have tried faxing, calling my request but have always had to ask upon getting on when I did not see it on the bed. As soon as you get to the room call the #for the steward and he will get back to you very quickly even though they are on a break. Make a list of any requests you have and either leave it on the bed for them or hand it to him. Makes it easier all the way around.

I was on the Grand 2 1/2 weeks ago. For those who are not in suites, I wouldn't count on those wonderful firm mattresses. We were in an ocean view on Emerald deck with twin beds. Both had egg crates already on them, though we had not requested them. Both were doubled as if they had originally queen size. They didn't do much good as the beds were still awful. This was our second Princess cruise and we've really loved them, but the beds have been killers. I do intend to cruise Princess again, but hope I'll get one of those elusive comfy mattresses.