Sensation 3 day - Have you done it?

cbCRR

Looking for any info on the 3 day. Never done one this short.

Is there an elegant night? Anyone have a FunTimes? Will I get a drink coupon?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I don't have the fun times, but you will get a free drink coupon for being a past guest. There is an elegant night, the 2nd night. Ready for my cruise this Thursday on the Sensation!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by slord12

The three-night cruise is a fun weekend getaway. We've done one on Sensation and one on Imagination, and enjoyed both. It's not super relaxing like a 7-day cruise, but it's a different kind of trip. People are really geared up for fun on such a short sailing.

There is an elegant night in Nassau.

Don't worry, just enjoy it. Show up as early as possible so you don't miss any time aboard.

Edited by gtalum

Done a 3 night cruise on the Sensation in August, it was fab! 1 elegant night, and some people didn't dress up too much, just smart casual....Trying to decide if we should do another 3 night again on the Sensation this December or try a larger cruise ship like, Carnival Sunshine/ Breeze or RC Liberty of the Seas ...Cannot decide. We're worried about the larger ships being overcrowded as we are not cruise experts, decisions, any advice would be welcomed :)

I've sailed the larger ships too, and never felt crowded. Could be when we sailed (ex - Dream in January). Hubby and I like the longer cruises and try to do 5-7 days. This one is just a last minute with a friend, so trying to keep the costs down since we are going again next January.

I don't have the fun times, but you will get a free drink coupon for being a past guest. There is an elegant night, the 2nd night. Ready for my cruise this Thursday on the Sensation!

send us upcoming Sensation cruisers a few tips and reviews in the shows and lounges when you return. I'm doing a solo gambling 3 day cruise, ( cheaper than flying to vegas!)

Done a 3 night cruise on the Sensation in August, it was fab! 1 elegant night, and some people didn't dress up too much, just smart casual....Trying to decide if we should do another 3 night again on the Sensation this December or try a larger cruise ship like, Carnival Sunshine/ Breeze or RC Liberty of the Seas ...Cannot decide. We're worried about the larger ships being overcrowded as we are not cruise experts, decisions, any advice would be welcomed :)

If you already did the 3 day 1st time cruises you need to try a longer one. After doing over 12 cruises I must say a 5 day seems about right. By that 6th or 7th day the whole excitement experience seems to dwindle.

The large to really large ships with large atriums offer so much more to see and do.

This was our first Carnival cruise, but not our first short weekend cruise. The short cruises generally are filled to capacity with people who are ready to cram a lot of fun into two-and-a-half days! And I believe Carnival is well-known for attracting a party crowd... it isn't called a "Fun Ship" for nothing. ;) Before we even boarded the ship, we heard a lot of "Wooooo!"s and "Whoo-hooo"s, as well as one heavy southern accent proclaiming, "Ah'm gonna be dronk by four u'clock!" It was definitely a fun-loving crowd. I don't party a lot, but it was okay with me if others wanted to let loose. I just wanted a much-needed tropical getaway and some sunshine. Oh, and someone to clean my room twice a day and do all of the cooking. :)

I won't get into a detailed trip review here, but will share a few hits and misses.

Hits: Carnival did a great job with embarkation, especially with a full load of passengers. I like the fact that Carnival has a very specific beverage policy, so I was able to take a small cooler with a bottle of wine and twelve cans of my favorite soda on board, without having to sneak it in as we did on another line. The crew was very friendly, and our cabin steward was one of the best we've had. Loved the Punchliner Comedy Club, especially the late adult shows. Adored Wee Jimmy, the Cruise Director. He just tickled my funny bone and really knows how to work a crowd. Don't miss the Love and Marriage show; for us it was on day 3 in the afternoon, which I preferred to having it in the evening. For the first time on any cruise, I missed all of the production shows, so I can't comment on that part of the entertainment. The waterslide was fast and fun, and there were lots of deck chairs in the Waterworks area. The food was pretty good to very good; no complaints about food quality in either the dining room or the buffet (my teenager did not care for the 24-hour pizza, but I thought it was okay). The 24-hour soft-serve ice cream was a definite hit. You could see people of all ages walking around with cones at 1 am. I'm on board with that. :p

Misses: While we did not let it ruin our good time, we didn't care for the decor of mirrors, neon lights, purple, glitter, purple glitter, and shiny plastic. It just didn't feel as comfortable and tasteful as other ships we've been on, even older ships. We were very disappointed that the buffet entree selections were so limited. What we had was okay, but there wasn't much to pick from. We had Your Time Dining; the food was good but the service was weak. We felt like an afterthought since we were at a table for two. Not sure we will do that again, but we did like having no tight timeline to get to dinner. If the buffet had been better, we probably would've stuck with that. We had a category 1A stateroom, one lower and one upper for me and my teenager. It was very cramped. I didn't bring a tape measure, but it is hard to believe that the stateroom was 185 square feet. (It felt comparable to Monarch's inside cabins on RCCL, at 119 square feet). The Serenity area doesn't live up to its name; it was usually overcrowded and sometimes boisterous. It was almost impossible to get in the hot tub. Just because it's adults-only doesn't necessarily make it serene. I was disappointed and finally gave up on it altogether.

Overall, we had a great little cruise and would book it again at the right price. I addressed the "misses" above just to share some insight, but none of them were significant enough to put a damper on our cruise. If you have reasonable expectations and a good attitude, you will have fun on this cruise!

We had a good time when we went and like others said it seemed to attract more of the fun crowd that Carnival got their money's worth on the bar.

The one thing I did notice was that even though it was such a short cruise I didn't feel any shortcuts by the staff or lack of service.