Bikini Beach ???s

We are looking at using Bernards tour while in St. Maarten. Several members of our group want to parasail while in St. Maarten also. It looks like there is a 2 hour stop at Orient beach while doing the tour. I know there is parasailing there. They were looking at parasailing at Bikini Beach. It sounds like this is close proximity to Orient Beach. Can someone confirm this for me? Any advantage to one beach over the other? Anyone parasail in either of these locations?

Thanks,

Sue

We have taken Tour I & Tour II many times with Bernards Tour and I don't recall when visiting Orient Beach, our tour guide saying anything about Bikini Beach. I do know Bikini Beach is in the Orient Bay region.

When are you going to be in St Martin? We will be there the end of May and doing Bernards Tour again. I'd be glad to find out for you how far Bikini Beach is from where they drop you off on Tour II. If you have any other questions for them, let me know.

I think Bikini beach is just a beach bar/club /restaurant on Orient beach. It's not a separate beach.

You are correct. Bikini Beach is one of the bars on Orient Beach. They also have a "section" where they rent chairs and umbrellas. There are several locations/operators on Orient Beach where you can parasail

We are looking at using Bernards tour while in St. Maarten. Several members of our group want to parasail while in St. Maarten also. It looks like there is a 2 hour stop at Orient beach while doing the tour. I know there is parasailing there. They were looking at parasailing at Bikini Beach. It sounds like this is close proximity to Orient Beach. Can someone confirm this for me? Any advantage to one beach over the other? Anyone parasail in either of these locations?

Thanks' date='

Sue[/quote']

I came across this great picture from another cc member which will give you an idea where Bikini Beach is located. Look at the bottom of the picture Section 2.

edsandra.com/photos2005/LargeOrientPanorama.htm

I didn't forget and will ask Bernard for you at the end of May, will report back.

Here's the link to the large panorama of Orient Beach. Bikini Beach is marked on it. This image appears to be from app. 2005, so a few places have been bought and sold and renamed.

http://edsandra.com/photos2005/LargeOrientPanorama.htm

Bikini Beach had controversy at the end of 2013 in that someone built a beach bar next to the original Bikini Beach and named it Bikini Beach. A cold war between them ensued. I still don't understand all the details of the controversy as it involved a complicated array of promises, leases and beach rights etc., but it went to Court and the original Bikini beach is now closed, and the new one now running. At any rate if you go to this area of Orient Beach, you'll find all the watersports you're craving readily available.

Edited by modi

Here's a picture of the new Bikini Beach bar that you should find there today. This was taken in the very early morning before they were open, thus the lack of activity. The old original Bikini Beach bar was just to the right of this one.

35c516o.jpg

Edited by modi

Just took a Bernard's tour and we did stop at bikini beach. Many people parasailing and engaging in all types of water sports. We have been to orient beach before and the bikini beach club was the nicest we have experienced. There were many vans from Bernard's at that beach club. We stayed two hours.

• 3 weeks later...
Just took a Bernard's tour and we did stop at bikini beach. Many people parasailing and engaging in all types of water sports. We have been to orient beach before and the bikini beach club was the nicest we have experienced. There were many vans from Bernard's at that beach club. We stayed two hours.

Thanks' date='

Sue[/quote']

Just back yesterday from our 5-22-14 sailing and can also confirm Bernards Tours does stop at Bikini Beach. Did not do parasailing, the beaches in St Martin are beautiful and Bikini Beach in on Orient Bay.