No longer solo

Rarejules

I was really looking forward to my first solo. My niece and her best friend hijacked my cruise and booked today. At least I'll have company for dinner. It's also their first cruise. I'm still hoping for alone time.:D

I found out a week before my first solo cruise that a friend of my older siblings was going to be on my sailing. We are friends on FB but I don't know her in real life per se, we actually never ran into each other on the ship. Small world, but guess not small ships. LOL

I was really looking forward to my first solo. My niece and her best friend hijacked my cruise and booked today. At least I'll have company for dinner. It's also their first cruise. I'm still hoping for alone time.:D

Don't worry I'm sure you're going to have alone time. I always tell them it's required that we eat together.😁

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Sometimes it pays to be discrete. The moral of the story is don't say anything until you're ready to go, and then only to let everyone know not to panic if they can't find you for a few days. Lol. And be sure when you do announce your plans to mention that your main purpose in going is to have some alone time.

Hope you have a great cruise and get lots of "me" time. I love solo cruises too.

Actually, there's at least one benefit for having others along on your "solo" cruise.

If dining in the buffet/grill, always have someone stay at the table while someone else goes off to get more food or a drink. Lost track of how many times I saw fellow cruisers set down food (or a beverage), go back for something else, then come back to their table to find that the attendants had cleaned everything off their table!

I told them I only want to see them at dinner. I can do breakfast on my own. Just being a little selfish.:D

I don't think you're being selfish. It would be nice to see them for dinner, though. Even when we travel with another couple, we usually only definitely see them at dinner.

Sometimes it pays to be discrete. The moral of the story is don't say anything until you're ready to go, and then only to let everyone know not to panic if they can't find you for a few days. Lol. And be sure when you do announce your plans to mention that your main purpose in going is to have some alone time.

Hope you have a great cruise and get lots of "me" time. I love solo cruises too.

So true, I was at a conference and mentioned that my boyfriend and I might cruise around Christmas because I found a good deal...another attendee who knows me...not friends but knows me from other conference attended...she asks oh what deal? I told her, she asked what line...stupid me told her...and she said "oh maybe I'll book that too!" :eek:

Thankfully she didn't, but she once was in front of me at hotel check in, when she saw I was next she told the rep, put her room next to mine!...thankfully, I was staff for that conference so I could use the excuse I'd have to be with the staff rooms so she wouldn't wonder why I wasn't her neighbor, because um no way.

Every cruise I'm on, whether purposely or not, I find a way to for some me time. It's really not that hard to do, and even when you try to find someone on the ship, you can often criss-cross paths and miss each other. Whether in the same family, or friends traveling together, we all don't like to do the same thing, and we set designated times and places to meet up, and depending on the venue or area, we still sometimes miss each other.

Actually, there's at least one benefit for having others along on your "solo" cruise.

If dining in the buffet/grill, always have someone stay at the table while someone else goes off to get more food or a drink. Lost track of how many times I saw fellow cruisers set down food (or a beverage), go back for something else, then come back to their table to find that the attendants had cleaned everything off their table!

I am a Solo Cruiser........

When eating in the Buffet...

I'll ask one of the Attendants........

Please watch my table,,I'll be right back........

Oh.........So True...........

I do this...........Discrete............

Now I am going to have to be hush hush at work...........

Two Ladies at work wants to go with me on a Cruise.........

I am thinking No Way................

I am a solo traveler by choice (private quiet time) Always go to the main dining room for dinner and meet great folks to talk to but not looking for a BFF. A couple of cruise I have run into co-workers. I just figure out their schedule and try to avoid the areas they might be in. In case of family member as others suggested I wait until a week prior to sailing and mention I am going away so they won't worry but no chance of them getting on the cruise either.

Do whatever you feel comfortable with and let them do the same

Enjoy

My hubby and I are cruising over NYE so I decided to book a (first ever) solo in March for my Spring Break (his did not coincide with mine). I was pretty excited to just veg out and do my own thing for a few days. I had many many offers to join me but I held strong...until my sister said something about going. She is my favorite person in the whole wide world so of course I said YES..then we went one step further and invited my mom too!! Now instead of 7 days of relaxation and quiet time I will have 7 days of constant laughter and fun!! :p I guess I will do a solo another day!! :D