When will we get the final reveal?

With all the movement of ships, when will the finally reveal the rest of Quantum? I am booked on the NYE cruise, and still they haven't released all the details of the ship. Shops, entertainment details, the rest of the MORE TO COME labels on the deck plans..

At least tell us when!

Any more rumours?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

With all the movement of ships, when will the finally reveal the rest of Quantum? I am booked on the NYE cruise, and still they haven't released all the details of the ship. Shops, entertainment details, the rest of the MORE TO COME labels on the deck plans..

At least tell us when!

Any more rumours?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm thinking mid/late May when the Dynamic Dining reservations open for everyone to book we'll get the entertainment reveal.

LIZ!!! :D:cool:

That figures he wouldn't say when. :mad:

Now Ty you know really he isn't too hot on dates when it comes to Quantum :eek:

Remember the first reveal...way back last year....when AG said one date for Quantum booking opening and Vicki Freed said another date...I don't think they are keen on giving dates anymore :D

I am guessing it will either be next week or after the 15 th. Can you imagine putting up the entertainment then having everyone with reservations trying to change them while all the non reservation people are trying to make their reservations. Look out server crash.

Yep, I know I am dying to make dining reservations but know that until entertainment is available nothing is final. That's where they will have to change their ways. Some of the reps that I have talked to have mentioned the 90 day window for booking entertainment but with dining opening on May 15th for a ship not sailing until November that window will clearly not work anymore. It will really only work if both open at once, otherwise they will have a mess with everyone redoing it. We have yet to see them show the booking system, but I would personally love it if they combined them. Go day by day and have us pick a restaurant, then dining time, then give a list of entertainment to pick from. Afterwards go to day 2 and do the same with markings next to restaurants/entertainment that have already been done. Basically give a guided process through selecting everything. They could always offer an advanced option where you just put in all restaurants and times at once followed by all entertainment which would work great for people like me that calculate every detail and optimize the schedule as a whole, but for most people that will be way to complicated to do. The simple guided walk through would be much smoother.

Yep, I know I am dying to make dining reservations but know that until entertainment is available nothing is final. That's where they will have to change their ways. Some of the reps that I have talked to have mentioned the 90 day window for booking entertainment but with dining opening on May 15th for a ship not sailing until November that window will clearly not work anymore. It will really only work if both open at once, otherwise they will have a mess with everyone redoing it. We have yet to see them show the booking system, but I would personally love it if they combined them. Go day by day and have us pick a restaurant, then dining time, then give a list of entertainment to pick from. Afterwards go to day 2 and do the same with markings next to restaurants/entertainment that have already been done. Basically give a guided process through selecting everything. They could always offer an advanced option where you just put in all restaurants and times at once followed by all entertainment which would work great for people like me that calculate every detail and optimize the schedule as a whole, but for most people that will be way to complicated to do. The simple guided walk through would be much smoother.

I don't think the shows will open for booking when Dining opens on May 15th...but what I do think they will do is, give us the show times so we can book dining around the show times.

When Oasis was being built they give us the show times quite some time before we could actually book the shows.

Now Ty you know really he isn't too hot on dates when it comes to Quantum :eek:

Remember the first reveal...way back last year....when AG said one date for Quantum booking opening and Vicki Freed said another date...I don't think they are keen on giving dates anymore :D

This entire process with the Quantum is quite disappointing.

It appears as if they have no clue about anything and figuring things out day by day. :rolleyes:

This entire process with the Quantum is quite disappointing.

It appears as if they have no clue about anything and figuring things out day by day. :rolleyes:

It will all work out in the end :D...although Quantum has now disappeared from the Southampton Port Schedule ...Adventure is now showing as going to be sailing from City Terminal..which is where Quantum was showing as sailing from previously...but hey no worries....I think :eek: :D

DEix15x8 I like your thinking. I too am a detail planner. Just ask my kids about their Disney world trips. It's killing me not being able to plan. I just hope it goes smoothly. Right now I have been looking at the oasis and allure schedule and figure the shows will be probably the same time. I have never been on a big ship where you have to reserve things ahead of time. What is going to happen to the people who don't know they have to make these reservations are they just out of luck?

check out Adams blog post! It looks like he's changed postions and is now taking a role for the parent company, rather than purely RCI.

I wonder how that will affect the announcements, blog post updates, etc., going forward.

I have a feeling that it won't be until mid-late summer to get the entertainment announcement.

I think that when he mentioned the entertainment announcement to come, repositioning ships was still a back-up plan.

Now that they have to exercise that, they may still be re-hashing logistics of what shows will be on which ship (do they move Mama-Mia to the Anthem or send it off to China (unless they're putting the same show on both ships)?)

It will all work out in the end :D...although Quantum has now disappeared from the Southampton Port Schedule ...Adventure is now showing as going to be sailing from City Terminal..which is where Quantum was showing as sailing from previously...but hey no worries....I think :eek: :D

LOL. We shall see. :D

Booked on Anthem in May 2015. I know they have put all there eggs in the Quantun bascket, and I am eager to see what they think they have done. Dynamic Dinning? What was wrong with the old way. I like Formal night, I like same table,same people,same waiters. How many people on a 7 day Cruise will actually be able to get on a north Star? Sky Diving at See? Oh well I guess I'll have to get Modern. Me myself thinks the biggest single event in RCCL history {or in all of ship building} will be the unveiling of what will be the world's largest and most breathtaking boat to ever exist. OASIS III

Tim

That would be nice. It's probably a pipe dream, but it would still be nice.

Booked on Anthem in May 2015. I know they have put all there eggs in the Quantun bascket, and I am eager to see what they think they have done. Dynamic Dinning? What was wrong with the old way. I like Formal night, I like same table,same people,same waiters. How many people on a 7 day Cruise will actually be able to get on a north Star? Sky Diving at See? Oh well I guess I'll have to get Modern. Me myself thinks the biggest single event in RCCL history {or in all of ship building} will be the unveiling of what will be the world's largest and most breathtaking boat to ever exist. OASIS III

Tim

Is oasis 3 not going to be the same as the Oasis 1 and Allure?

They aern't the same already. And by Oasis III I Don't know what her name will be I just meen what they are calling her, the third Oasis Class ship in the fleet. Oasis is 5" longer than Allure. Allure has reteraunts and slight Deck plan differences Oasis does not have. Acording to the rccl resident hortaculturist. Whose tour I took 3 times on Allure, there are alot more, and diffirent plants and trees in Central Park ( deck 8 ) on Allure than on Oasis.According to a seminar I atended on future Royal plans while on Allure. Oasis III will be 14" longer than Oasis and having seen some preliminary renderings looks like to have some fairly major structural changes,especialy the looks of the top two decks forward. Some bridges and overpasses that look quite cool. If you think about it though all Classes in the fleet are diffirent from each other. We are scheduled to go on Legend in December, a Vision class. We have been on the original Vision and acording to the deck plans I've seen, Legend is going to be quite diffirent than Vision was. There is 5 years differance in age between them and I'm sure knowing Royal that many improvements were made during that time span.I have lots of web sites that I study on ships and ship building for Royal that I would be happy to share with you if interested. It's my passion and my hobby.

Tim

They are already diiferant. And by Oasis III I meen thats what they call her now. She is as of yet not been named. But is either on contract or being built by SDX France at this moment. For arrival in mid to late 2016. Oasis is 5" longer than Allure. There are different restraunts and slight deck plan changes between the two. According to the resident Horta culturist on allure, whose tour I took 3 times . There are alot more plants and trees in Centaral Park (deck 8) on Allure than on Oasis. According to the Royal representitve in a semminar I took while on Allure. Oasis III will be 14" longer than Oasis I, and having seen some prelimenary drawings of her will have some fairly major structural changes than does the Origanal Oasis. There are some bridges and overpasses on the top two decks forward on Oasis III that look quite cool. It makes sense though if you look at it, because all the Classes of ships have diffirances between them. We are scheduled to be on Legend in December (a Vision class), and acording to the deck plans Iv'e seen appears to be qute diffirent than the original. That makes sense also because there is 5 years age diffirence between them and like Royal is tend to do ,major changes were made in that time span. I have lots of web sites I study on Royal Ships and Ship building I would be happy to share with you if iterested. I's my passion and my hobby.Happy sailing.

Tim

She is by 3 cm. Oasis III will be larger than both Oasis and Allure at 227,000 tons.

Several videos/interviews mention that Allure is bigger than Oasis by a few CMs.

I'm excited to learn more about Oasis III.

We sailed Allure and loved it, however, we really did miss the connection with the Sea.

I'm wondering if they do away with the MDR on this ship and launch her with similar options as what will debut on Quantum Class ships.

She will be out after those launch, and if that's the general direction that Royal is headed in, it makes sense that all new ship builds have this in place, following Quantum.

I'm also anxious to hear what other features she'll have, that will differentiate her from Allure and Oasis.

Now, if only they could find a way to combine the neighborhood concept from Oasis class and the connection to the Sea from the Radiance Class (possibly Quantum Class)...

Edited by Overtyme
update