Penthouse Suite Perks

crystalaziza

I know that normally everyone thinks a mini bar is the fridge containing the little bottles of alcohol for sale, but I've seen lots of pictures of the haven suites (research for upcoming Epic cruise in a Haven Spa Suite), and I think they are saying that the minibar is the shelves you get with a range of wine goblets and tumblers, along with the bar kit (bottle opener etc).

Probably me just getting the wrong end of the stick again!

Nope, mini bar is as described above, fridge stocked with snacks, booze, wine and soft drinks. There is a charge for all of it. There is no category of stateroom on any NCL ship that gives the mini bar at no charge. The bar area of the suites does include wine glasses, cups and saucers, and glasses. It is not the mini bar!

We sailed in an aft penthouse and used internet in the cabin with no problems. We purchased a 250 minute package for $100.00 A bag of laundry special was under 30.00 maybe 27.99. That said the best laundry we have had onboard any cruise line. Laundry came back pressed and many things on hangers.

• 3 years later...
O.K. guys & gals, after reading on CC & NCL, I can not find a 100% answer about what perks the penthouse comes with. I know there are butlers etc., but do you get the 3 bottles of alcohol or is that only with higher suites? Do different ships have different amenities for the Penthouse Suites or they all the same. I am NOT looking for an owners suite or family suite info. just on the penthouse suites, or how far up do I need to jump for the 3 bottles of alcohol? According to NCL's amenities chart, they way I interpreted it was that the 3 bottles of alcohol came with the Penthouse suites. I usually book an inside because I'm never in the cabin other than to sleep mostly. I was looking for a few years down the road for a celebration that will be coming up & am just curious!!!!!!!! Thank You All

My family and I booked a room with Carnival last summer (August 2017). I received a message a few weeks before our embarkation letting me know about an available upgrade. I called the number that was provided in the message. I was told for an extra $1000.00 my family and I could bump up to the Pent House suit. We had been booked in a suit that would make us all feel as though we were in a can of sardines, and so I jump at the chance. Especially when I heard about all the perks. We were told that we would receive a cake, a fruit bowl and bottled water all complimentary. Pus a few other things. My family and I arrived a few days early to enjoy the fun parks in LA before departing for our cruise. Unfortunately, my husband had the idea that we were on vacation for those first few days and absolutely resented getting up early to get to the parks before the crowds arrived. This caused a little tension between us, and once we arrived at the harbor, he was hell-bent to get on the ship and away from me. I tried to explain to him that we had priority boarding, but because the line was not very long, he just rushed ahead of the rest of us. I told him I wanted to show the crew member our boarding passes, but the man just said, "That's ok, you don't have to show me the passes, go right ahead. Only a few minutes later we arrived at the counter. The woman behind the desk was confused because we had placed PS2 as our cabin number. She said, "PS2? I am not familiar with that stateroom, what is your booking number?" When I informed the woman it was Penthouse 2, she was all taken aback, and said exasperatingly, "You are in the wrong place. You were supposed to go through the captain's lounge! Then she said, "But that's ok, I will take you up there my self. Follow me please." she said apologetically. We followed the woman to where we had our pictures taken, but I was so upset with my husband making us rush and taking us to the wrong place, I could not enjoy the embarkment procedure. As it turns out, because we did not go through the captain's lounge, the staff on the ship had no idea that we had arrived. There were no complimentary items in the room, and three days later we received our individual letters welcoming us aboard our four-day cruise, and the perks we were offered by being in the Penthouse suite. Some of the perks we found out on our own by the wonderful crew members. We found out these perks were: not having to stand in line and wait to be seated in the restaurant, ever, we were allowed to be first on the tenders (these are the ship to shore boats), or to be first off the ship at excursion destinations, we didn't have to stand in line to return on the tenders, we had front row seats in the comedy club, we were supposed to have dinner with the captain one night, but that didn't happen, we received carnival cruise pins for the kids and mini smart phone speakers. One thing that was a real inconvenience was that the jacuzzi tub leaked from the cocking being rotten whenever someone had a shower. They fixed it for us but it took hours for them to do so, and we had to use the change rooms in the ship's gym. We did receive a dinner from the pay menu for my entire family on the house for our inconvenience though. Our room attendants were exemplary. If we went to our room to have a siesta, the attendants would remake our beds whenever we left. A new fresh room was waiting for us every time. Also, the weather was surprisingly cool for August, even in Mexico, but the ships air conditioning was on full blast 24/7. However, if we ever book a cruise on Carnival again, I would take the upgrade to the penthouse if we were offered it. The ships crew members made my family and I feel as though we were royalty.

Here is a very detailed chart of what is included with each level of suite:

http://cruise.expedia.com/pictures/microsite/1274/pdf/NCL%20Suites%20and%20Villas.pdf

On the list of special touches, it says Wireless Internet access. Included? Why put that if it's not, since the whole ship has Access to wireless internet for a fee?

IF it is included, then I would be tempted to bid for the upgrade to a haven suite.

Thanks for any info you guys may have!