Actual Time In Port//Getaway

Shadow205

I was just looking at the itinerary trying to figure out our plans for days in port. I didn't realize that the time was so short. I'd appreciate if someone who recently sailed on Getaway to share what time disembarkation started.

Is this correct?

"Due to security reasons, all guests must be on board 2 hours before sailing.

Disembarkation usually begins 2 hours after docking." (from NCL site).

If that is the case, we are only off the ship for 6hrs in St Martin(not bad), 4hrs St Thomas(to short), & 3hrs in Nassau(forget Atlantis or Blue Lagoon).

Philipsburg, St. Maarten 8:00 am 6:00 pm

St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands 8:00 am 4:00 pm

Nassau, Bahamas 12:00 pm 7:00 pm

Edited by Shadow205

I was just looking at the itinerary trying to figure out our plans for days in port. I didn't realize that the time was so short. I'd appreciate if someone who recently sailed on Getaway to share what time disembarkation started.

Is this correct?

"Due to security reasons, all guests must be on board 2 hours before sailing.

Disembarkation usually begins 2 hours after docking." (from NCL site).

If that is the case, we are only off the ship for 6hrs in St Martin(not bad), 4hrs St Thomas(to short), & 3hrs in Nassau(forget Atlantis or Blue Lagoon).

Philipsburg, St. Maarten 8:00 am 6:00 pm

St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands 8:00 am 4:00 pm

Nassau, Bahamas 12:00 pm 7:00 pm

The 2 hour rule is for the initial embarkation and final disembarkation. On port days, you just need to be on board 30 minutes before sail away.

On board two hours before sailing only applies when initially boarding in Miami. During your cruise all aboard will be 30 minutes before sail away. You will be able to dis-embark within a half hour, I believe, of your arrival in port.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

If that is the case, we are only off the ship for 6hrs in St Martin(not bad), 4hrs St Thomas(to short), & 3hrs in Nassau (forget Atlantis or Blue Lagoon).

Obviously they wouldn't sell you those excursions if there wasn't enough time to complete them.

But yeah, there's never enough time at ports. After our first cruise stop at St. Thomas, we booked a week long stay for a few months later because we needed more time there. :) We've done this more than once.

Obviously they wouldn't sell you those excursions if there wasn't enough time to complete them.

But yeah, there's never enough time at ports. After our first cruise stop at St. Thomas, we booked a week long stay for a few months later because we needed more time there. :) We've done this more than once.

The disembark & embark times were what was throwing me. I really hadn't even looked at the excursions through NCL. We usually do our own thing. I have found a really nice beach club and wanted to make sure that we had time to do their beach day.

Thanks for your info!

Any advice on the timing of Getaway Blue Lagoon excursions? We went in 2012 for the beach day but this time would like to do a dolphin encounter and some beach time too, is this possible? Time seems so short! What is the earliest you have gotten on a ferry and latest back? How did you purchase? I'm noticing a earlier time for beach break excursion (it's been a bit since I looked) so should we book that and add the dolphins once there? Or if we book the dolphin can we go early? Would like to use obc, so probably have to book onboard. ..We are in the haven so maybe the concierge can help?

Any advice on the timing of Getaway Blue Lagoon excursions? We went in 2012 for the beach day but this time would like to do a dolphin encounter and some beach time too, is this possible? Time seems so short! What is the earliest you have gotten on a ferry and latest back? How did you purchase? I'm noticing a earlier time for beach break excursion (it's been a bit since I looked) so should we book that and add the dolphins once there? Or if we book the dolphin can we go early? Would like to use obc, so probably have to book onboard. ..We are in the haven so maybe the concierge can help?

The excursions listed for my upcoming Getaway cruise are as follows:

Blue Lagoon Island Beach Break, $54, 4.5 hours, 1:00 PM

Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim, $229, 3.5 hours, 3:00 PM

Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter, $149, 3.5 hours, 3:00 PM

Blue Lagoon Program Observer, $49.00, 3.5 hours, 3:00 PM

It takes about an hour each way by boat to get there. I am considering doing the Beach Break, because I will be able to wander around on my own, and can still see the dolphins and things while there. That would give me about 2.5 hours on the island, which is plenty for me, and I'd still have time to wander Nassau a bit upon my return if I feel like it.