Pre-book massage appt?

Going on Paradise this summer with my family and my folks. I was thinking it'd be nice to book surprise massages for my parents since they'd never do for themselves. Should I schedule before we go which would guarantee a time or are there any deals on spa services if I book after we board?

Thanks for your help!

Ideal times may be full, but you will likely get a discount if you book on the ship. In the unlikely event all the times are full, you will not be able to get one. Just have to decide if it is worth the risk to you.

I would never book in advance as you never know how the day will go. Usually, I book a day or two before and if I don't plan on getting off at the port I do it that day as they usually have specials and lots of open times. BTW: if they offer the bamboo massage do it. That's if you like deep tissue massages.

On embarkation day on the Paradise, toured the spa as I always do. Plenty of hawking of "special prices JUST FOR TODAY"... all obscenely expensive even discounted. Like $139 for less than an hour. Seriously?

Seemed to me the prices went down down down as the cruise went along. Suggest waiting at least until the first sea day, and see what is offered, then try to negotiate further. I would rather get a really nice full hour on land for $80 prior to the cruise than pay the ransom they charge on board. But that's just me. I'm cheap. :D

One thought: Before going, you might look for copies of the daily newsletter online to see what prices are offered. I'm pretty sure someone on this site will have them posted (or just ask). Btw, I think it's super nice that you want to do this for your folks. :)

Edited by bailey57

I read recently a special of mini facial and mini massage for 99...1 hr. I think mine was 89 in 2009. I think chances are 90% you can negotiate something for around a 100 plus gratuity..have your therapists tipped by you for a non sales approach if your folks are not good enough to say no..they are expected to sell the lotions and potions and it takes a tip to say no and to properly compensate them I believe. It is expensive not a fan of the Steiner deal with the lotions and potions but they are the concession on most ships...you can get a good massage and you can not know how great it is on vacation until you experience it if it is something you adore...it is worth it to me on vacation and while I used to do it more often..simply can't afford it often now and reach other goals..hope and pray that changes soon... so it is a major help when you are unwinding to work on muscles then...and for many a splurge that just fits on a ship. Even Fantasy class has lovely spa areas I think..nice rooms..lovely steam/dry sauna and shower area..a few places in locker room with views to the sea...loved it..sat on the window ledge for an hour afterwards chatting with a new friend..doing the saunas...watching the sea...heaven.

PS..Just noticed yours is the Paradise!! That was the one I did the spa stuff on..all Fantasy class spa photos I see they are holding up since last redo and lovely..so good it was I did 2 times..offered me an early slot discount on the last day. Was sad my budget was too tight on my Spirit cruise in 2012..very pro a spa experience with vacation..Sarah

Edited by sjn911

Spa amenities are often offered at discount on port days. So if you do an early excursion and get back on board after lunch, you have time to take advantage of a relaxing massage before dinner. Great way to unwind.