just returned from pelican beach

cruzobsessed

we weren't on a cruise....just a weekend in fort lauderdale. our experience at pelican beach was so awesome that i felt i should post my opinion here (as well as trip advisor). we took a cab from the airport and 21.00 later were inside a hotel that looked exactly like the "old south". our room wasn't ready yet so we ate in the hotel restaurant. i have to say...the asian chicken salad was probably the best i've ever had.

we had a suite with an ocean view (250.per night not in season). you know how most suites have rooms side to side? well, this suite had the bedroom as you entered and then through french doors into a sitting room with a fold out twin bed and t.v. our balcony had an amazing view of the beach.

we went to the beach and the water was so warm and clear that it was like being in the caribbean. the pool area has a smallish pool and a wonderful lazy river which even i enjoyed.

right next door to the restuarant is an old fashioned ice cream parlor with the best root beer float i've had since i grew up in the bronx!!!

if you go to the pelican beach before your cruise....you might not want to leave. we will definitely go back.

Archived