Carnival Dream cabin 2216

SuzieQ64

We are booked in this cabin for an upcoming trip June 2014 and wanted to get some more feedback from others who have stayed here. I have read some reviews and it seemed mostly positive. We booked last minute and were trying to stay within a budget so this cabin fit the criteria. However, we realize it's not ideal for a married couple. We were aware of this beforehand. Hope it all works out!

We stayed in room 2217, exact same cabin on the other side of the ship. And I was in 2216 on Triumph. They are great rooms. Portholes & a larger room for cheaper than a regular interior. You will hear the waves hitting the front of the ship, which doesn't bother me. There will be some motion, which was also pretty consistent, except when coming into or leaving port. But I'm awake or need to be awake then anyway. It's a very convenient location for getting off/on the ship, & for the theater & other nighttime entertainment. If you can climb a couple sets of stairs, you'll never need elevators when they are the busiest.

Shove the beds together, bring bungee cords and tie them around the legs so the beds doesn't separate. Then ask your cabin attendant for sheets that will fit the two beds together; double, queen?

Only one bed (twin), plus a sofa that is a different height than the bed.

Thanks so much. May I ask what the sofa bed was like? Were you traveling alone or did someone actually use the sofa bed? I'm excited that it has portholes too!

Edited by SuzieQ64

That's great! The room looks a little more spacious than a regular inside cabin. It must be the shape of the room idk. The sofa bed looks basically like another twin when it's made up. I appreciate the photos! Have a great time on your future cruise!

That's great! The room looks a little more spacious than a regular inside cabin. It must be the shape of the room idk. The sofa bed looks basically like another twin when it's made up. I appreciate the photos! Have a great time on your future cruise!

Welcome! Hope you enjoy your cruise too... And the cabin.

I was in 2217 on the Dream and slept on the sofa bed. If you like firm beds then it will be to your liking. I don't, but I was still able to get enough sleep.

I have attached a picture of our cabin 2217 and our collection of towel animals in the porthole area.

Sharon

P1030451.jpg.44e27061dfefd28324f7aededf1a0740.jpg

P1030521.jpg.68907879319242d845521a8e442b3a8d.jpg

Edited by luv2trvlnow

Thanks y'all! The pictures all make me feel like we made the right choice with this cabin. We were a little worried about having the twin and sofa sleeper. Got a great deal though at the last minute so we are excited!

Thanks so much. May I ask what the sofa bed was like? Were you traveling alone or did someone actually use the sofa bed? I'm excited that it has portholes too!

I have no idea why I said only 1 bed. We had twin beds and my sister was with me. I guess I had too much coffee.

We are booked in this cabin for an upcoming trip June 2014 and wanted to get some more feedback from others who have stayed here. I have read some reviews and it seemed mostly positive. We booked last minute and were trying to stay within a budget so this cabin fit the criteria. However, we realize it's not ideal for a married couple. We were aware of this beforehand. Hope it all works out!

I take it that the other porthole rooms like 2220 or 2221 were not available. We stayed in these other porthole room types on other ships and those you can actually put the 2 beds together as a queen. On other ships they even have portholes that can hold 4.

Yeah those other cabins were already booked so we went with 2216. I had read a lot about it beforehand so I felt it would work for us. Also there were some OBC incentives that made it a better deal!

We love these cabins. My sister and I trade off each cruise who sleeps on the sofa bed but they are both comfy. I love all the extra floor space and the light from the portholes.