Kids Club for 2 year Old

Hello Everyone,

I do a mother-daughter cruise every May. We're now bringing my son with us on these trips. We typically sail with Royal Caribbean because there is a nursery onboard for the under 3 crowd. We're doing the Enchantment in 2 weeks. Next year my son will be 2, and from what I understand Carnival's Kids program begins at 2. I know they are changing from Camp Carnival to Camp Ocean (or something along those lines).

However I am looking for feedback from people who have experience with putting their 2 year old in the kids club. What do they do with the kids for activities? Do they change diapers like Royal Babies & Tots does? Any and every detail is appreciated. We want to make an informed decision before we pick our cruise for NEXT year.

Yes, we've sailed on Carnival before so we don't need any comparison on anything but kids programs, that's all I am interested in at this time :)

(Still waiting on the Breeze itineraries to be released... that ship intrigues me!)

Edited by smileyperry

I had my 2 y/o in Camp Carnival on two separate occasions and was happy with it - he seemed to like it, too! Yes, they will change diapers/pull-ups and also give you a phone to carry in case your child needs to be picked up. If you search over on the family boards you can find copies of the kids club programs. I will say to try and potty train your child so they can go on the slides and in the pool- my son was trained at 2.5 when we went on the Dream and he loved the mini slides!

One other thing I will say is I think the Royal Caribbean kids program was much better than Carnival and I by no means am a cheerleader for either cruise line. They seemed more hands on with the kids and had a more structured program in my opinion.

I will say to try and potty train your child so they can go on the slides and in the pool- my son was trained at 2.5 when we went on the Dream and he loved the mini slides!

We're going to try, but he'll be a newly minted 2 years old by next May so he may be too young, but I'll keep my eyes open for signs he's ready!! He is currently in swim lessons and he loves playing in water, so I'd love for him to be able to splash around by next year's trip!

Thanks for the info!

My two year old went to Camp Carnival last year... I left a few diapers and wipes on the first day and they labeled them and each kid had their own cubby... they were fine with changing diapers. They give you a phone to keep with you, they'll call you if your child want to leave or starts crying, etc. And you can also call them on the phone and check in. They make the kids wash their hands before they can go inside the camp carnival area (the germaphobe in me loves that).

Some of the activities they did: coloring, story time, face painting, decorated cookies, watched movies. They also have a build-a-bear type activity one day for an extra fee.

Edited by apey9995

We took DD a week after she turned 2 & they were awesome with her. They had a different activity scheduled every 30 minutes, stuff from coloring to Legos to playdoh to dance parties. She had just potty trained and did not have a single accident while in camp, they were so great with her.

We just took her on her 3rd cruise (she's 3.5) and the first thing out of her mouth when we told her was "I get to go to kids camp!!!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 2 year old loves Camp Carnival! They usually open around 10am on sea days and have activities until 3 or so. We would always pick him up early for lunch and naps. In the evenings they opened at 6 and served dinner at Fish & Chips. We would drop him off for that because he doesn't have the patience for the longer dinners in the MDR. We would pick him up after dinner, but I think the free activities go until around 10 and then the pay by hour services start. As others mentioned, they give you a phone at orientation so that they can call you if he needs anything and you can call to check on him. They do change diapers and we would always bring his little bookbag that had diapers, wipes, and his water bottle. They offer activities on port days, but they always come with us. We would still take him at 6 for dinner and evening activities.

This was the schedule on the Glory in Sept and the Liberty in January. We are going on the Sunshine next week, so we're hoping it will be similar. We will be booking a cruise for February after our baby turns 2 so that he can go as well and we can at least eat dinner in peace! ;)