Theme nights question

Nancy48

Hi, never having been to a "colder" destination before I wonder whether anyone can give me some guidance?

We are doing a 7 day cruise to the NorwegianFjords, on Azura, in June. We are scheduled to have two formal, two smart casual and four casual evenings. I believe one of the two formals will be a black and white theme. My question is are there likely to be any other kind of themed dress evenings on this kind of cruise?

Thinking about packing now and some guidance would be really helpful,

Many thanks,

Sue

Black and White nights are always very well supported but on a cruise to Norway it's unlikely there will be much take up of the tropical theme and I've not been on a cruise where many people other than the entertainment staff dressed up for 60s / 70s nights so don't worry too much.

Mind you, you should have had your info by now which told you what theme nights were planned for your cruise

We've always had black and white formal night and our first cruise there was an optional 70's theme - I was rather worried about this but in the end decided not to pack the extra clothes etc needed and go to the buffet if needed! I needn't had worried though - we only saw about 4 people dressed in obvious 70's theme who made us all smile but I was glad I hadn't as they really stuck out :D

We are on fiords cruise leaving on Friday. Black and white and 70s theme nights are in brochure. On other

cruises I too have found that black and white has been popular but most passengers do not dress in 70s gear.....prob weight of luggage being main reason.

Hi Nancy 48

Looking on the P&O site your cruise on 1st June is showing the following

2 Formal, 2 Smart (Jacket Required), 3 Evening Casual

Under Themed cruises it shows Black & White

However the Tropical and 60s 70s are both shown as not on that cruise.

Enjoy your trip.:)

Edited by PopsiB
Entered wrong name for OP

Thanks PopsiB for that, I have been looking all over, having seen the number of different nights on my personaliser, I thought there must be another place where they itemised them. Good to know that I was in the right place after all.

And thanks everyone else for your very helpful advice and comments. Very much appreciated.

Sue