Pacific Jewel Cabin 6123

We were in 6123 on Pacific Jewel just after the refurb last year. It was very quiet, we certainly didn't hear any noise from the Marquee.

The only noise I remember was when we first arrived in port vila and *I think* they were letting the tenders down or the anchor (I'm not sure which), it made a loud shuddering noise that only lasted a few minutes, having said that, my 18 month old daughter slept through it so it wasn't too bad!! I was worried about being up front as we are usually mid to aft but honestly I liked this room and had no problems. Enjoy your trip!

Adele.

We were in 6123 on Pacific Jewel just after the refurb last year. It was very quiet, we certainly didn't hear any noise from the Marquee.

The only noise I remember was when we first arrived in port vila and *I think* they were letting the tenders down or the anchor (I'm not sure which), it made a loud shuddering noise that only lasted a few minutes, having said that, my 18 month old daughter slept through it so it wasn't too bad!! I was worried about being up front as we are usually mid to aft but honestly I liked this room and had no problems. Enjoy your trip!

Adele.

Thank you so much for the information, it is greatly appreciated. We had booked a guarantee (a first) so can't chose where we are, but you comments are reassuring.

A couple of things, we only want a double, is there a third bed in the cabin? and have they refurbished the cabins. They were a bit tired when we were on Jewel in April 2013.

I noticed you are in Cairns. Know Cairns well, our son lives there and it is like our second home.

Thanks for the information again Adele.:D

Regards,

Cheryle

No problems at all. It had a third bed on the wall (left hand side as you walk into the cabin), not one that comes down from the roof. We didn't use this as we had a cot. My husband and I moved the double bed against the wall and had the portacot underneath the bed attached to the wall, if you can visualise!! So definitely a double bed. There was a metal bracket on the floor for the third bed that jutted out and might be easy to trip on though we never tripped on it. I will try and find some photos as I did take pics of this room. Yes it was refurbed though I only noticed new carpet, perhaps the linen and curtains may have been new too though I couldn't tell!! We had been on the Jewel in a balcony cabin back in 2011 so in comparison I only really noticed the carpet and perhaps the linen chair cover.

On the August 2013 cruise we were on they were changing all the mattresses on deck 10 cabins over when we stopped in port Vila, our cabin wasn't changed but that was while they were still doing minor work after the dry dock so I don't know if mattresses or other things were changed after our cruise.

Interesting that you have connections to cairns, it is nice up here except for when we get cyclones!!

I'll look for some cabin photos and figure out how to upload them...I'm a bit new to posting :)

No problems at all. It had a third bed on the wall (left hand side as you walk into the cabin), not one that comes down from the roof. We didn't use this as we had a cot. My husband and I moved the double bed against the wall and had the portacot underneath the bed attached to the wall, if you can visualise!! So definitely a double bed. There was a metal bracket on the floor for the third bed that jutted out and might be easy to trip on though we never tripped on it. I will try and find some photos as I did take pics of this room. Yes it was refurbed though I only noticed new carpet, perhaps the linen and curtains may have been new too though I couldn't tell!! We had been on the Jewel in a balcony cabin back in 2011 so in comparison I only really noticed the carpet and perhaps the linen chair cover.

On the August 2013 cruise we were on they were changing all the mattresses on deck 10 cabins over when we stopped in port Vila, our cabin wasn't changed but that was while they were still doing minor work after the dry dock so I don't know if mattresses or other things were changed after our cruise.

Interesting that you have connections to cairns, it is nice up here except for when we get cyclones!!

I'll look for some cabin photos and figure out how to upload them...I'm a bit new to posting :)

MANY THANKS for the information again. Not sure whether the third bed is going to work for us as my husband does trip on things:rolleyes: but we will have to work around it.

If you have some photos that would be great. I have no idea either how to do that! Yes, Cairns or Machans Beach is where we go, is nice but certainly not at Cyclone time. We spent 12 weeks there last year and enjoyed ourselves!

Thanks again. Cheryle

I've included a couple of photos but I must apologise for the poor quality as they are screen grabs from videos I took.

I think they will give you a general idea about the bed on the wall (which was never folded down by the way) and the white metal 'bracket' that was on the floor. Please bear in mind though that we moved the double bed to be flush against the right hand wall (looking in as you walk into cabin) so the configuration we had was not the norm (though the first pic of the double bed was taken before our room attendant helped us move the bed against the wall!)

Hope these help!

Adele.

08-26-2013_115120(1).jpg.535cdea76148993a49c9a3851881065d.jpg

08-26-2013_115120.jpg.abc7b4cbee5cb9cf431d8da6b3e54c86.jpg

09-01-2013_152311.jpg.13e6c5d7acbfdfb02232b3f5cbde6509.jpg

I've included a couple of photos but I must apologise for the poor quality as they are screen grabs from videos I took.

I think they will give you a general idea about the bed on the wall (which was never folded down by the way) and the white metal 'bracket' that was on the floor. Please bear in mind though that we moved the double bed to be flush against the right hand wall (looking in as you walk into cabin) so the configuration we had was not the norm (though the first pic of the double bed was taken before our room attendant helped us move the bed against the wall!)

Hope these help!

Adele.

Thanks Adele, I really appreciate you going to the trouble of sending the photos.