Back home from our Transatlantic Adventure

Three weeks washing done and ironing to do .... uurggghhh. Small price to pay for a fab holiday though.

All concerns about the cruise were forgotten once we boarded The Dream. Yes, the public areas are showing wear and tear but it's comfortable. The crew are fabulous, very friendly and so hard working. I can't imagine British people would even consider working 11 hour days 7 days a week with a smile on their face.

The show team in my opinion was poor but you're not forced to sit through the shows if you're not enjoying them. Plenty of people loved them and rushed in for the best seats in the theatre every evening. It's a matter of taste. We preferred to listen to the duo in the Ocean Bar. Stevie Jay Johnson did a one man show singing Neil Diamond songs and he was fantastic. Benjamin Moss performed Michael Buble songs and also did a couple of spots in the Medusa lounge - what a talent. So all in all the entertainment wasn't brilliant but by no means bad.

The itinerary was fantastic. The only fly in the ointment was Thomsons organised trips. We did St Kitts scenic railway at £64 each ... what a rip off. The Destinations team advertised it as all you can eat and drink (not that we went for the food and drink) but ... we struggled to get 2 drinks and were given 1 tiny coconut sweet. Some of the views were "nice" but definitely not worth £32 an hour!

We also booked the scenic island tour in Horta ..... Pffft. Listed as approximately 3 hour tour we imagined oddly that we would be taken around the island. We were picked up at 9.30 am, driven up a hill where we stopped for 10 minutes for photos, back on the coach and a slow drive by 3 very small windmills, up to the volcano crater for another 10 minutes then all the way back down the same road and dropped at a hotel after one and a half hours very close to the ship where the guide told us we could have tea and cakes and walk back to the ship if we didn't want to wait for the coach!! After complaining to Destinations they agreed to refund us the cost of the tour we had booked the following day I guess they didn't want to risk taking anyone out who might actually voice their opinions.

Well, other than that we had a great time, met some lovely people, ate for England (food was great) and consequently begin our diet today :o !

Edited by Pee0305

• 2 weeks later...

Did you do any trips in the Azores (or any other ports) lovecruise? I have complained to Thoms about the shore excursions we did and just wondered about the opinions of others using the Destinations service?? Still waiting for a reply from "Thomson Cares" :confused:

We did the Virgin Gorda trip in British Virgin isles, have to say I was very pleased with that one. Although I wouldn't say the description matched as said moderate walking but there is no way if you had difficulty walking you would be able to get back up from the beach at the baths. Didnt do any others but heard the ones in the Azores were not very good...I try to stay away from thomson trips as have been stung in the past...

Thanks for the report Pee.

Only just picked up on your post....

Glad you had a good cruise, looks like the Dream is getting better.

Shame about the shorex's, we normally try and do our own thing, but we did Thomson's Virgin Gorda as we wanted the security of them getting you back.