Handicap Access - Getting Bumped Question

cricket_7

We have an interior spa room booked for our upcoming trip on the Dream. It is a category 4S and it is handicap accessible. My PVP explained that there is the possibility of getting bumped, but it would be the equivalent or higher category.

I assume the only equivalent categories would be another 4S? In regard to "Higher", I guess that could be anything from an ocean view all the way up to a balcony or suite? And I assume if it is a higher category, then it could be anywhere on the ship...even a low deck?

We have an interior spa room booked for our upcoming trip on the Dream. It is a category 4S and it is handicap accessible. My PVP explained that there is the possibility of getting bumped, but it would be the equivalent or higher category.

I assume the only equivalent categories would be another 4S? In regard to "Higher", I guess that could be anything from an ocean view all the way up to a balcony or suite? And I assume if it is a higher category, then it could be anywhere on the ship...even a low deck?

My understanding is that if you are in a spa interior cabin with handicap access and bumped, you'll be placed into another spa interior cabin, if available. Higher for a spa interior cabin would most likely be a spa balcony.

My understanding is that if you are in a spa interior cabin with handicap access and bumped, you'll be placed into another spa interior cabin, if available. Higher for a spa interior cabin would most likely be a spa balcony.

So it sounds like a higher category is in relation to the deck that you are on? Since we are on the Spa, then they won't bump us to a lower deck?

So it sounds like a higher category is in relation to the deck that you are on? Since we are on the Spa, then they won't bump us to a lower deck?

If there are no other 4S spa interior staterooms left, you will get bumped to a 6A oceanview, if available. If not, then it is completely random. You have a chance at getting a balcony or suite, but it is extremely unlikely. You'll most likely get an oceanview, as you can only be placed in the same or higher category.

If there is a higher category on a lower floor, there is a chance they can move you there

This is true... when I inquired about a HA room on the Liberty next Jan, I was told that if I was bumped it would be to a OV room which are on decks 1 & 2. Not wanting to go down from 6, I chose to stay where I was at.

Steve

Are there no other interior spa rooms available on your sailing? If so, I'd book one of them. Really surprised to read that a PVP booked you into the cabin.

If you do get bumped hope it's into one that will work for you. I take great care to find a quiet cabin. I'm not thrilled that we were bumped into an accessible balcony on upcoming cruise from the one I booked that was long-gone by the time I caught it on the website. Only others left in category were above noisy areas as per reviews. I'm told it's 'a score' but pretty sure we will be losing the couch and have the different bath set up.

Edited by keishashadow

Not meaning to hijack the thread, but im booked in a 6k stateroom on the valor (Grand scenic Oceanview room 9201) There are only 2 of these rooms on the ship and both are HA. If I was bumped what would it be to? A balcony?

I would call Carnival (or your TA if you used one) to find out. I spoke with my PVP when I was looking at switching from my 4J (forward picture-window) to a same type of room but it being HA. Didn't want to take the chance of getting bumped (especially since the cruise is in Jan) and losing the 4J (on deck 7) to a OV on decks 1 or 2.

per deck plans on carnival,, 9201 is not handicapped accessible

See that's what I wasn't sure about. When I mock book I go to American discount cruises to look if the price dropped (not likely as there are 2 rooms in the category) and on there in warns that it is HA. but when I booked through carnival the PVP never said anything about it being HA and what that would mean, but other people that have stayed in the room said they have gotten this warning. I really wouldn't want to be bumped up to a balcony as this room has spectacular views and is huge! (unless it was an aft balcony:D)

If you don't need a HA cabin why would you book it. It's like parking in a Handicap parking spot.

Not entirely the same thing, so you can't really draw that parallel. I'm my case there are only 2 cabins in this category and they both are HA (or not, depends who you talk to). So it isn't like I could ask for one that isn't HA.

My DH is handicapped and we have tried to book HA cabins before and have been told that they were all booked. I asked if they were all booked by people with documented handicap status (for lack of a better word) and was told that they cannot see that. I was also told they wouldn't 'bump' someone because they can't tell who is handicapped and who is not. We ended up having to book a different ship to get a HA room.

I wouldn't count on getting bumped.

I agree though that booking an HA room when it is not needed (just to get a larger cabin) is tacky, greedy, and selfish - that being said Karma has a way of working things out.

Nana

Not entirely the same thing, so you can't really draw that parallel. I'm my case there are only 2 cabins in this category and they both are HA (or not, depends who you talk to). So it isn't like I could ask for one that isn't HA.

Book a different category!:eek: