Parents in grand suite, kids in connecting balcony

Hello! We just booked our first Royal Caribbean cruise on the Oasis. The RCI rep said that the only restriction with having the kids in another category is the use of the concierge lounge, which is totally understandable.

He said that that other than the lounge use, there should not be a problem. We're just wondering what has been your experience with having two different categories within the same immediate family? Will we be allowed check-in for both rooms at the suite area? And can we book our shows and specialty dinners so that we will be together. TIA!

Hello! We just booked our first Royal Caribbean cruise on the Oasis. The RCI rep said that the only restriction with having the kids in another category is the use of the concierge lounge, which is totally understandable.

He said that that other than the lounge use, there should not be a problem. We're just wondering what has been your experience with having two different categories within the same immediate family? Will we be allowed check-in for both rooms at the suite area? And can we book our shows and specialty dinners so that we will be together. TIA!

A few years ago we looked at booking an OS and a connecting JS and was told that kids staying in the JS couldn't using any of the suites privileges. No early check in,reserved seating,tenders or CL. So we went with two GS as it was only a little bit more at the time. We didn't care about the CL access but check in, tenders etc that we cared about. But I have heard since that it depends on the Concierge when you get on board as he/she sometimes will allow children the same access as their parents .As long as their cabin is connecting to their parents suite. When it comes to check in it depends on the port if the cabins booking are linked and your there parents they let you check in together with the suites. Some port make you check in together with which is ever cabins latest check in time. If your rooms are linked it is easy to go online and make booking for restaurants so that your all at the same table etc.

Edited by Jasp 0401

I just came off explorer in March, I was in GS and my parents we're in JS, mom likes the walkin. Set it up with royal, both rooms tied together for all including travel and diner. Then when you get your pre cruise email from concierge, inform him they will be with you at check in. Also departure, my concierge arranged it at the pier, he even was there to welcome us.. Should not be an issue at all...

Cruising wicked awesome

I am also interested in what others experienced in this situation. We booked a GS with connecting balcony cabin for the kids on the Allure. My kids are only going to be 1 and 8yrs old so I need to know where we can and cannot go. :confused: I linked our reservations together already and assummed that would mean they came with us....

I would be almost certain that MINOR children in an adjoing cabin will get everything except CL access..and they are too young for that, anyway! You are a family...they will let you stay together!

I would be almost certain that MINOR children in an adjoing cabin will get everything except CL access..and they are too young for that, anyway! You are a family...they will let you stay together!

:confused: Since when have MINOR children been too young for the CL?:confused:

If you have minor children, they will be allowed the same suite privileges as you, even if they are staying in another room. Yes, they will be allowed in the CL as well, as long as you are with them.

If they are adults 21 or over, they would need to be booked in the full suite for access.

Edited by marci22

For the CL we plan on only going in there when the kids are playing. I was just worried about other stuff for example, we are going to reserve a cabana at barefoot beach(can they come???) and for the shows I know they have seats for suite guest but would I not get to sit there because of the kids?

If you have minor children, they will be allowed the same suite privileges as you, even if they are staying in another room. Yes, they will be allowed in the CL as well, as long as you are with them.

If they are adults 21 or over, they would need to be booked in the full suite for access.

Awesome thanks!

Yes the kids will be able to come with you on Labadee. My son and his family had the same set up and their kids were also allowed with them into the CL. They were also allowed in the suite area at the ice show and the theater with their parents.

I am also interested in what others experienced in this situation. We booked a GS with connecting balcony cabin for the kids on the Allure. My kids are only going to be 1 and 8yrs old so I need to know where we can and cannot go. :confused: I linked our reservations together already and assummed that would mean they came with us....

We had this exact setup on the Allure in March. Our girls are 4 and 8, they were allowed full suite privileges (including concierge lounge). We took them very often to eat breakfast in the lounge away from the crowds. We never used the lounge in the evenings, and definitely would not have taken them in there during cocktail hours (just our personal preference).

They can go with you wherever you want them to, nobody is checking for gold cards for children and it wouldn't matter even if they did in your case because of their ages.

Adult children or older teenagers in a connecting cabin to a suite would likely get hassled but I don't have any first hand experiences with that.