Cruise Compass for Oasis 4/26 thru 5/2 Western are Attached

I find having recent copies of the Cruise Compass to be very helpful for planning. Thank you to everyone who previously posted copies over the past couple of months.

Here are copies of the Cruise Compass from my recently completed Western sailing on Oasis.

I hope they are helpful.

Compass Oasis 2014-04-26.pdf

Compass Oasis 2014-04-27.pdf

Compass Oasis 2014-04-28.pdf

Compass Oasis 2014-04-29.pdf

Compass Oasis 2014-04-30.pdf

Compass Oasis 2014-05-01.pdf

Compass Oasis 2014-05-02.pdf

Compass Oasis Other.pdf

I find having recent copies of the Cruise Compass to be very helpful for planning. Thank you to everyone who previously posted copies over the past couple of months.

Here are copies of the Cruise Compass from my recently completed Western sailing on Oasis.

I hope they are helpful.

Thanks. They are very helpful.

I'm glad these will be helpful to you.

Don't forget to schedule your entertainment in advance. I find having a recent Compass to be very helpful for that.

If you don't schedule in advance, you will either: a) have to spend your first day in long lines trying to get any available reservation times, or b) have to spend time in line before each show and hope there are leftover seats.

For those of you who are somewhat geeky and/or comfortable with Excel and/or organized, the attached spreadsheet may help when trying to determine your show reservation times.

I'm a visual person, so for my recent cruise I decided to plot the nightly activity to determine the better times for scheduling the shows. I really like the live music offered on Oasis and Allure, especially the bands in Dazzles and listening to music in Central Park, so I try to schedule shows around the music I like. Plus I wanted to be sensitive to the port times. And of course dinner :D

So using Compasses for Oasis provided by a fellow Cruise Critic member 2 months before my sail date, I plotted out the entertainment. Then another member shared his Compasses a few weeks later, so I compared them. I would say there was about 85% consistency. This allowed me to reserve my shows around the other things I wanted to see and do.

Although there were some differences in the schedule on my cruise, overall the times worked the way I hoped.

So, for those of you who are oriented toward planning and organization, perhaps this may be of use. If you're familiar with Excel, it should be easy to update the schedule for the Compasses I posted. By the way, it appears only .xls versions can be uploaded instead of .xlsx, so I saved it in an older format. Just to be clear, the info in the spreadsheet is from February Compasses, not my Apr/May cruise.

Enjoy your upcoming cruises.

Ent Schedule.xls

I hope they are helpful.

Thanks for posting these. We will be on the Oasis January 2015.

I'm glad these will be helpful to you.

Don't forget to schedule your entertainment in advance. I find having a recent Compass to be very helpful for that.

If you don't schedule in advance, you will either: a) have to spend your first day in long lines trying to get any available reservation times, or b) have to spend time in line before each show and hope there are leftover seats.

For those of you who are somewhat geeky and/or comfortable with Excel and/or organized, the attached spreadsheet may help when trying to determine your show reservation times.

I'm a visual person, so for my recent cruise I decided to plot the nightly activity to determine the better times for scheduling the shows. I really like the live music offered on Oasis and Allure, especially the bands in Dazzles and listening to music in Central Park, so I try to schedule shows around the music I like. Plus I wanted to be sensitive to the port times. And of course dinner :D

So using Compasses for Oasis provided by a fellow Cruise Critic member 2 months before my sail date, I plotted out the entertainment. Then another member shared his Compasses a few weeks later, so I compared them. I would say there was about 85% consistency. This allowed me to reserve my shows around the other things I wanted to see and do.

Although there were some differences in the schedule on my cruise, overall the times worked the way I hoped.

So, for those of you who are oriented toward planning and organization, perhaps this may be of use. If you're familiar with Excel, it should be easy to update the schedule for the Compasses I posted. By the way, it appears only .xls versions can be uploaded instead of .xlsx, so I saved it in an older format. Just to be clear, the info in the spreadsheet is from February Compasses, not my Apr/May cruise.

Enjoy your upcoming cruises.

Thanks so much for all the great documents! We aren't sailing until Feb. 2015, do you think the entertainment (cruise compass) will change by then?

Bling,

I would say yes. The entertainment does regularly change. Even the production show, Hairspray, which normally runs at least 5 years, I believe is scheduled to be changed to Cats after the dry dock this fall.

But, it is also common for the same acts to routinely repeat on a ship or group of ships. So some of the acts during my cruise could, in fact, be on your cruise, but it would be safer to assume that the acts will be different.

I would guess that the format/timing of the shows might be similar though. I think they generally have a winning formula (party band in Dazzles, various artists in Central Park under the stars, jazz in Jazz on 4 nightly, piano in Schooners nightly, etc.), so I think the format and timing could be similar.

They even make changes at the last minute. I e-mailed Royal 4 weeks before my cruise to inquire about the acts. They told me Home Free was the headliner, and it was subsequently changed to the Platters (who were very good), and one of the two comedians they named was replaced as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...