Photo Review: Celebrity Summit 4/26/14 REPO Cruise – Caribbean & Bermuda

HeatherC430

We don't mind rough weather at all; in fact, it's rather fun! However, when the anchor was lowered at our first tender port, it certainly woke us up with a start! I realised what the noise was, but poor Mum thought we had hit something.

I generally don't mind the rougher motion at the front of the ship either. I suppose it's a trade-off for one of the larger rooms. That's funny about your mum!

Heather, hi!!

I was on the cruise with you (you might remember me with my 86-year-old mom) -- we sat next to you at Cane Garden Bay in Tortola and we were at the next table at Qsine!

Thank you for posting the photos and writing such a detailed description. It must have taken hours!! You made me relive my trip!

PS Mom booked onboard for me and my husband to do the opposite cruise in October!

Debbie

Hi Debbie! It sure is a small world here on Cruise Critic! :D

You're quite welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed reading.

Good for you! What a nice gift from your mom! Enjoy your reverse repo cruise in October!

Heather, thank you for the review. It was a great review. We were on Summit last fall and really enjoyed our cruise. I like your attitude. We try to have the same positive approach. After all, you are on vacation, have a good time.

As one of those people who are always asking everyone else, where have you gone on vacation, how did you go, what did you like about it, I don't understand people who arbitrarily discard someone's experience. I like to hear about everything. Maybe that person has an idea or approach that I haven't thought of doing. I get good ideas that way.

We loved Bernard's Tours. It was a lot of fun.

Happy cruising and thank you.

Ohiodoglover

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for your review, the photos were stunning and it gave me a good insight into the M class cruise. We've only cruised twice and both times on S class which we loved very much and are due to sail in July on the Silhouette. But in the future as our children become adults and don't want to travel with us as much, we are eager to try other cruise lines and styles of ships. We could sail out of the UK from Southampton but love flying to the states and getting what we call the US experience. Bermuda is on my list of places to visit and your photos have confirmed how beautiful it is. Funny seeing you in the old red phone boxes - we don't have many of those left in the UK anymore.

I, like you feel lucky to be able to take such fabulous holidays and always look for the positive -keep on cruising and look forward to reading more of your wonderful reviews in the future :)

Heather, thank you for the review. It was a great review. We were on Summit last fall and really enjoyed our cruise. I like your attitude. We try to have the same positive approach. After all, you are on vacation, have a good time.

As one of those people who are always asking everyone else, where have you gone on vacation, how did you go, what did you like about it, I don't understand people who arbitrarily discard someone's experience. I like to hear about everything. Maybe that person has an idea or approach that I haven't thought of doing. I get good ideas that way.

We loved Bernard's Tours. It was a lot of fun.

Happy cruising and thank you.

Ohiodoglover

Thank you for taking the time to read. I'm glad you enjoyed it! I can't imagine going on a cruise and not having a great time! I couldn't agree more with you. I love when I find someone onboard who has a lot of cruising experience about their "favorite" place to visit or which lines they like or dislike (and why) - it helps me draw conclusions for future places to visit and/or lines to try. I'm glad to hear you had a positive experience with Bernard's Tours - I'm looking forward to it! Happy cruising to you too! :)

Thank you so much for your review, the photos were stunning and it gave me a good insight into the M class cruise. We've only cruised twice and both times on S class which we loved very much and are due to sail in July on the Silhouette. But in the future as our children become adults and don't want to travel with us as much, we are eager to try other cruise lines and styles of ships. We could sail out of the UK from Southampton but love flying to the states and getting what we call the US experience. Bermuda is on my list of places to visit and your photos have confirmed how beautiful it is. Funny seeing you in the old red phone boxes - we don't have many of those left in the UK anymore.

I, like you feel lucky to be able to take such fabulous holidays and always look for the positive -keep on cruising and look forward to reading more of your wonderful reviews in the future :)

You're quite welcome! Thank you for your kind words! I haven't been on an S class ship yet, but I'm sure if it's anything like the M class I'll enjoy it a lot. I'm waiting for the right itinerary/ship to be offered. My DH doesn't want to fly overseas, so at the moment I'm limited to departing from U.S. ports. I'm the sure "U.S. experience" can be an experience in itself!;) You'll love Bermuda! I agree. I think a lot of people forget how lucky they are to be taking such fabulous vacations! Being that my DH and I do not have any kids, we have the ability to travel more than others in our same age range. I'm always anxious for my next cruise! I'll be sure to post more photo reviews in the future. It's great to be able to relive your trip in the weeks after returning home. Until next time...

I haven't been on an S class ship yet, but I'm sure if it's anything like the M class I'll enjoy it a lot. I'm waiting for the right itinerary/ship to be offered. My DH doesn't want to fly overseas, so at the moment I'm limited to departing from U.S. ports...

Heather, Equinox, Nov 10th, 11 days Central America, just sayin;)

Heather, Equinox, Nov 10th, 11 days Central America, just sayin;)

Trust me Wallie...it's tempting! I think that 3 cruises in one year would be pushing it (per my DH). I already have the full panama canal transit on my radar for 2016. ;)

Heather really enjoyed your pictures I'm cruising on the Summit to Bermuda August 17th did the same cruise in August 2013 now I'm really getting excited thanks for sharing your beautiful memories

I'm glad you enjoyed the photos and reading along! Enjoy your trip on the Summit! I know you will!:)

Trust me Wallie...it's tempting! I think that 3 cruises in one year would be pushing it (per my DH). I already have the full panama canal transit on my radar for 2016. ;)

I know!

There is a closed group on FB that have a lot of people asking about the Summit and Bermuda. I hope it was OK, I posted some of your review. Come join us, Celebrity Cruise Line Cruisers.

Edited by wallie5446

I know!

There is a closed group on FB that have a lot of people asking about the Summit and Bermuda. I hope it was OK, I posted some of your review. Come join us, Celebrity Cruise Line Cruisers.

Of course! I'm always happen to share my cruises with others and help when I can. Thanks for the promotion Wallie! :)

I just requested to join the Facebook Group.

Of course! I'm always happen to share my cruises with others and help when I can. Thanks for the promotion Wallie! :)

I just requested to join the Facebook Group.

Thanks Heather for the wonderful photos - I would highly reccommend the panama canal on celebrity - we've done it 4 times over the years on the Galaxy - twice - Horizon & Zenith alas none of those boats are around with celebrity anymore

Thanks Heather for the wonderful photos - I would highly reccommend the panama canal on celebrity - we've done it 4 times over the years on the Galaxy - twice - Horizon & Zenith alas none of those boats are around with celebrity anymore

You're welcome! Thank you for reading! I have no doubt I'd enjoy the Panama Canal cruise. 2016 sailings are on the Infinity, which is a comparable ship to the Summit (so I have no doubt I'd enjoy the ship). What I'm most looking forward to is all new ports of call, and I'm sure cruising through the canal is enjoyable as well.:)

Hi Heather!

I am so glad that you are having a wonderful time. Your photos are very nice and it is obvious that you are very proud of them.

I would like you to just consider a cruise in Europe...there are so many to choose from. The reason I say this is because you seem to love the water and rock formations and culture, along with beautiful water. :) So, just think about it; you would absolutely love it! Just reading your review made me at least want to suggest it! (I hope I didn't overstep my bounds.) P.S. Do it on a solticized ship just for a different cruise.

Edited by Lastdance

Are there chairs available at Horshshoe Bay? I see chairs in your GREAT pictures of Tobacco Bay. Thanks for your wonderful review...can't wait to be there Sept. 2nd!

Honestly, I don't remember seeing if there were chairs available for rent or not. Sorry! The ones at Tobacco Bay were just sitting out. Like I said, no one was there to oversee the concession stand either, so you didn't have to pay for chairs at Tobacco Bay (at least not on the day we were there). Enjoy your trip to Bermuda on the Summit!

My beloved Celebrity Summit!!! Thank you for the review with nice pictures! :cool:

We have been on her in April 2014 as well and had a very enjoyable time!

You're quite welcome! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed reading and viewing my vacation photos!

Hi Heather!

I am so glad that you are having a wonderful time. Your photos are very nice and it is obvious that you are very proud of them.

I would like you to just consider a cruise in Europe...there are so many to choose from. The reason I say this is because you seem to love the water and rock formations and culture, along with beautiful water. :) So, just think about it; you would absolutely love it! Just reading your review made me at least want to suggest it! (I hope I didn't overstep my bounds.) P.S. Do it on a solticized ship just for a different cruise.

I am! I love taking photos on my cruises! They're a great reminder of the fun times! Oh, trust me I'VE considered a cruise to Europe - and I know I'd love it! My husband is the problem. He doesn't want to fly overseas (he says there's no "plan B" if something happens while flying over all that water). I'll get him there eventually, but no time soon. I tentatively have a land based trip planned for next summer to Spain and Morocco (with a women's travel group).

• 2 weeks later...

Wow this was an hour well spent. Thank you so much for posting. We literally today booked this same cruise for next year. This is our first Celebrity sailing though we cruise Royal a lot. Now all I can do is play the waiting game!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Wow this was an hour well spent. Thank you so much for posting. We literally today booked this same cruise for next year. This is our first Celebrity sailing though we cruise Royal a lot. Now all I can do is play the waiting game!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

You're welcome! I'm glad to hear you enjoyed reading. You'll love the itinerary! It's a perfect mix of Caribbean ports & Bermuda! Enjoy your cruise! :D

Loving your review Heather!!!!

I was actually on this sailing with you:)

I have one thing to say after seeing your Qsine pictures.......

"sharing is caring".... I wish there was a way to roll the "r's" on cruisecritic!!

I see you had little Herve as one of your waiters....is he not a riot????