4pm flight home - what to do in FLL?

tbag124

Hi, we are thinking about taking a 4pm-ish flight home from FLL after our Dec. cruise (once it's finally booked)!! Any suggestions on what to do in the time between getting off the ship and getting on the plane? Thanks Everyone! This is something that I've been thinking and thinking about and can't figure out what's the best to do! I think we would probably even be fine, hanging out somewhere, even in the airport (?), watching football or something. Thanks! :)

I'll agree with the above poster, take a post cruise excursion. Timewise one of those will work out perfectly for you. They have a few to choose from, and regardless of which port your cruise returns to they have them that will drop you at either airport.

And do they store/lock up your luggage for you during something like that? Thanks! :)

Yes, your luggage goes along with you in the bottom of the bus. At the end of the excursion they drop you off at your airport terminal, unload your luggage, and away you go :)

Yes, your luggage goes along with you in the bottom of the bus. At the end of the excursion they drop you off at your airport terminal, unload your luggage, and away you go :)

Thanks! This sounds pretty cool and might be just what we need! I just mentioned it to my BF and he sounds interested too! I am looking at the one on Carnival's site, the Port Everglades excursion, does anyone know the price? I dont see it listed. This is the only available excursion, correct? There's not some other independent one, I'm not looking at?! Seriously, thanks for the tip! I didnt think a FLL excursion would be something we'd like, but after looking inot it, this could be great. Thanks!! :)

Nearly all the cruise lines offer the Everglades airboat ride for something to do at the end of the cruise when you have extra time in Ft Lauderdale before a late flight home. We have done and loved it!

Your luggage goes right along on the bus with you. The tour usually ends around 1 - 1:30 at the airport giving you plenty of time to check your luggage, go through security and eat something before flying home.

I think our Everglades excursion said flights after 2:30. We did ours through HAL and it was $59 last summer. It was a great way to spend the time. No problems getting off the ship that way and also nice to be dropped off at the airport afterwards.

Archived