Cab Fare

conandrob240

Horseshoe Beach to/from Hamilton: about $23.00 plus tip

Horseshoe Beach to/from St George: about $48.00 plus tip

Hamilton to/from Elbow Beach: about $15.00 plus tip

metered fares for up to 4 passengers, weekday travel

There are 3 beaches that I'm aware of that have sea glass.

One beach requires snorkeling for best selection.

The second sea glass beach and its surrounding land which are close to the Dockyard where you dock, has been sold, and the new owners have posted the area not to remove the sea glass from their beach because there has been too much removal of sea glass by cruise ship passengers (and others).

The third sea glass beach is near St George at the other end of Bermuda. The beach name is Alexandra Battery Beach, and is on Barry Rd. The only down side to the beach is that getting the best sea glass is tide dependent. Selection would be best at low tide. ABB is located less than a mile from the SG ferry dock.

A 40 minute ferry ride will get you to St George and a 15 minute uphill walk will get you to the beach. A short cab ride would be an option.

SBtS

The third sea glass beach is near St George at the other end of Bermuda. The beach name is Alexandra Battery Beach, and is on Barry Rd. The only down side to the beach is that getting the best sea glass is tide dependent. Selection would be best at low tide. ABB is located less than a mile from the SG ferry dock.

SBtS

Yes, it's tide dependent but not for finding the sea glass on the beach. One needs to go into the cave and the only time to get there is at low tide.

Yes, it's tide dependent but not for finding the sea glass on the beach. One needs to go into the cave and the only time to get there is at low tide.

The sea glass is in the cave?

:eek:

The sea glass is in the cave?

:eek:

There is a bit scattered on the beach but the lion's share is in the cave. You must navigate across some rocks which are under water at high tide and that's why you need to go at low tide.

There is a bit scattered on the beach but the lion's share is in the cave. You must navigate across some rocks which are under water at high tide and that's why you need to go at low tide.

Not going in a cave. Few years ago , I got to having chest pains when I went into caves. Have been twice with same results. Use to love going. Live about 50 miles from Mammoth Cave.

Maybe we will luck out and find the glass on the beach. Thanks.

Not going in a cave. Few years ago , I got to having chest pains when I went into caves. Have been twice with same results. Use to love going. Live about 50 miles from Mammoth Cave.

Maybe we will luck out and find the glass on the beach. Thanks.

I understand your reluctance but it's not really a cave, cave. Take a look at the picture 2 posts back. Where the man is stooping is about as far as you can get into a very shallow cave. I supposeds one could squeeze in more but it's not necessary as the sea glass collects within easy reach.:)

I understand your reluctance but it's not really a cave, cave. Take a look at the picture 2 posts back. Where the man is stooping is about as far as you can get into a very shallow cave. I supposeds one could squeeze in more but it's not necessary as the sea glass collects within easy reach.:)

Thanks. I assumed that was the opening. Yeah I can manage that.

I don't need to collect the glass. Just want to see it and take a few pics. The one near the dock- how near? Walking distance? Is it near Snokel Park Beach?

A Bermudian who no longer posts :( gave these directions. If I remember correctly, someone said the big tree is now gone but you will still be able to get there without the tree.:)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1441854&highlight=sea+glass+beach

Just remember that these directions were given before there were signs posted saying it is now illegal to take any of the glass.

Edited by iheartbda