Leaving out of Port Canaveral Thursday!!

Okay so I am leaving for a small weekend getaway....now I've been out of Port Canaveral years ago on the Dream but can't remember if the FTTF woudl be worth it on the Sensation and also where would be the best place to park??? Also how is security at this port with opening soda boxes/ shaking every bottle of water? Only ask because I know that takes a lot of time and would make me buy the FTTF if I could avoid all that!! Bon voyage has mine waiting!! Thanks

I have never taken out of port canaveral on carnival, we have stopped there once while on the pride. We did take bring a case of water back onboard. It was sealed. They opened it up and took out one bottle and shook it. Enjoy your cruise.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We went on the Sensation last Thursday, walked in security at 10:30 and were on by 11:15 with zone 1 boarding! I don think it would be worth it, but it may have been busier later!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

we did fttf last thursday only because we had a 12 hour drive to the port. got to the port about 11. was checked in, went to our room, grabbed something to eat, showered and napping by 11:45. to us it was worth it just to be able to go to our room early. this was our first time using fttf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what you can do also is do one-way car rentals. When we cruise out of PC, we fly into Orlando, get a car, and drop it off... then when leaving the ship, we go back to the car company, get a car, and drive back to Orlando.