Internet access/packages on Liberty

I need to decide whether to book a cruise on the Liberty in November 2014, and there's one very important requirement, Internet Access (for work).

I'd like to get as much reliable information as possible ( first hand relevant experience will be really useful, but other relevant knowledge is good too).

1) pricing packages. I don't mind paying a couple hundred bucks for the "unlimited packages" but the older per-minute would mostly be a no-go. I've gotten conflicting info from the cust. reps/web site, but some recent posts here seem to indicate these are now available.. I'd like to know for sure.

2) Network performance/speeds. It'd be really good if someone has done recent speed tests, or other subjective observations.

If you need VPN access from the ship, you may have a problem. I've never had any luck with various type of VPNs. Maybe different technology would work better, but nothing I've tried has been successful.

If you need VPN access from the ship, you may have a problem. I've never had any luck with various type of VPNs. Maybe different technology would work better, but nothing I've tried has been successful.

Thanks. I might be able to workaround the VPN issue, and it's not really a deal-breaker for my tasks. I think if I do a VPN over https (port 433) it's not likely anybody can block it. Did you have a problem with even a simple Remote Desktop (not over VPN) connection?

Any observations about the speeds / packages ?

Thanks. I might be able to workaround the VPN issue, and it's not really a deal-breaker for my tasks. I think if I do a VPN over https (port 433) it's not likely anybody can block it. Did you have a problem with even a simple Remote Desktop (not over VPN) connection?

Any observations about the speeds / packages ?

My problem was not due to port blocking, it was due to very high latency of a satellite based internet connection. All of my RDP connections are via VPN, so I had to wait until I had land based internet at a port to use RDP.