Refund from May

Had a strange thing happen . Rccl had a price decrease in May on my cruise. So I was to receive $398 back. We had already paid off our cruise with check a month or so before the decrease. It's been almost 3 months since the decrease and haven't heard a thing. I called my TA and she contacted RCCL. What they did was send my TA a check for 194.88 and they said they credit or credit card 203.12. We haven't received any credit yet and our TA is sending out the check. I don't understand why they would split it up like that? And why such a strange way (194.99 and 203.12) We only paid a few hundred by credit card and the rest was check. Is there any rhyme or reason to this?

They did it that way because your agent had to give back some of the commission, if your price went down, and you had already paid in full. (Commissions come pretty quickly with RCCL). So the agent had a "commission recall", which is why they sent a check to the agency (to deduct that out of the check).

I haven't had the exact thing happen, but something similar. I get onboard credits thru my MBNA RCCL VISA. The certificates come in demonation of $50. On our last 2 cruises we've have $200 of onboard credit due to us. Never has our onboard account showed a single $200 credit, nor does it show 4 $50 credits, but instead will show an $85 and $15 and a $75 and $25 or something crazy like that. The total adds up to the right amount so I've never said anything, but it is weird.

They did it that way because your agent had to give back some of the commission, if your price went down, and you had already paid in full. (Commissions come pretty quickly with RCCL). So the agent had a "commission recall", which is why they sent a check to the agency (to deduct that out of the check).

Why didn't they just send the whole thing in a form of a check since the majority of our cruise was paid by check? With our first reduction in April they just sent us a check for $180.

Archived