Marriage license with Birth Cirtificate?

LadyAlexa

I probably could get a passport, but would rather have the $100 to spend on the cruise.

Yeah but the passport might come in handy for getting BACK IN THE U.S.:rolleyes:

I know that the laws are changing, and I need a Birth Cirtificate to cruise. As I use my husband's last name, do I need to bring my marriage license as well?

I could be naive here, but I think the cruiselines understand that people get married and their name will change :rolleyes: . Also, your married name will be on your driver's license also, right?

You could probably call the cruiseline direct and ask them as well.

Having said all that, I am taking my marriage license to be on the safe side. Why risk it?

I know that you may want to have the extra $100 to spend, but if you plan on cruising at all after December, you might want to go ahead and get your passport. It's virtually painless. I wanted mine for those last minute trips that may pop up (especially if I get my mother hooked on cruising).:D

Yes! If you do not have a passport and you changed your name when you married, then you will need to have a copy of your marriage license with you. It has to be the same type as your birth certificate. The one with the raised seal. We are cruising in Oct/Nov this year and have applied for our passports. But, we've cruised many times before and I have always needed my marriage license. HAVE A WONDERFUL CRUISE!!! :-)

Yes! If you do not have a passport and you changed your name when you married, then you will need to have a copy of your marriage license with you. It has to be the same type as your birth certificate. The one with the raised seal. We are cruising in Oct/Nov this year and have applied for our passports. But, we've cruised many times before and I have always needed my marriage license. HAVE A WONDERFUL CRUISE!!! :-)

This is so odd that everyone has a different experience with this. I am back to taking my marraige license LOL.

If you have time, get a passport.

If not, take along a copy of a marriage license.

Do you really not know what is going on with immigration and customs? I'm just curious.

I second that; why worry about losing 2 highly important documents that are a pain in the rear to replace when you can worry about 1 that can save you alot of grief if fate decides to mess with you while you're out of the country. When I'm cruising, my passport is my ID from the minute I head to the airport til the time I get home.

Dana

OK we all know you get 2 answers if you call twice, but I called and was told Birth Cert. and driver license with married name would be fine. My marrigae license would not be necessary. If I had 2 copies of my birth certs I would go ahead and get passports but I'm afraid I've waited to long. Happy Cruising

a drivers license and birth certificate are fine. No marriage certificate is needed.

I just got back from a cruise today!

Eight cruises and no marriage certificate, My last name isn't the same as my BC or husbands name on the MC. I just take my birth certificate and drivers license.

Archived