Dining Room vs. Chops/Portofino Question

Yet, another question: If you make reservations for Chops or Portofino do you have to inform the main dining room that you won't be there for dinner? I would hate to hold anyone up if I had to alert the dining room.

Thanks.

Nadine

There is no rule that you have to inform the main dining room that you´ll miss dinner there. It doesn´t matter if you eat at chops, Portofino, use Room Service or go to the Windjammer.

However as courtesy it would be nice if inform either your table mates or your wait team that you won´t come to dinner. It´s much easier ´for the wait team to serve the whole table at a time, so they tend to try to wait for late comers if they don´t come too late. So if they know beforehand they won´t have to wait and can start as soon as everyone else is there.

So it´s no rule and you don´t have to but it would be very nice if you inform them.

We'll be cruising in November for the first time and wouldn't want to mess up anyone else's dinner because of our ignorance. We'll be sure to notify the appropriate folks then. Thanks for your help.

Happy cruising,

Nadine:)

I´m sure you´ll have a great time and let alone asking this question shows that you care about the people surrounding you.

All I can say Happy Sailing and the best advise I can give is einjoy yourself and your cruise, have fun and go with the mood of having the best time of your life.

Again Happy Sailing:)

Archived